Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, you may recall I asked in a separate thread a few weeks ago whether or not I should be worried because my DS front coil spring had a slight bow toward the front (I'll link that). This is during my install of the 4" lift, btw. The front of the truck is back on the ground now, and the bow of the spring, while not perfect, is very minimal. I was no longer worried about it.

Then I realized that that same wheel is sitting about 1" further back than the Passenger side, which is perfectly aligned (center of the hub is directly in line with the center of the spring, etc.)

I've checked and re-checked my measurements on the radius arm bracket relocation and it seems good. The RA bushings all seem to look like they seated normally.

My question is, should I be overly concerned that this won't either correct itself when the truck finally rolls out of the garage OR is not correctable during an alignment somehow? Installing the rear springs now and doing some rust removal so I've got a bit of time before I can move the truck and wanted to get y'alls thoughts.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn’t worry about anything until you roll it out of the garage and let it roll forward about 15-20’. Measure it then. Maybe others have more input, but that’s what I would do first.
Yeah hoping it just needs to settle with the pivot bushings or something simple.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,301 Posts
Yeah hoping it just needs to settle with the pivot bushings or something simple.
The TTB pivots front or back as well as up and down. When you jack it up, the axle beams haven't settled into ride position. This is the same reason your tires camber in on the top when you drive in reverse.

May or may not be the issue...

Reactions: Jason2215

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man! You’re right, and I am hoping it’s just a settling issue. Just one of those things that erks me until I can get a definitive answer. Honestly can’t think of anything during the install that it could have been (that I haven’t checked) but ya never know, I guess. As long as it’s correctable or it ends up normal I’m good!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts