Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying break down my hubs to replace the bearings, seals, and spindle nut and i can't get the inner spindle nut loose. I've pb blasted it several times, and torched it and still wont break free. its so stuck the spindle socket's teeth have torn that the loosening side of the nut so now i can't use it. any suggestions?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i have the outter nut and the washer that goes between them out, ive been beating it to death with a hammer and chisel but it just wont loosen one bit, im near the point of just torching it off and buying a new spindle but im trying not to

·
Registered
7,923 Posts
I use the KD2467 spindle socket, NAPA usually stocks it. Makes it much easier.

·
Registered
7,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,536 Posts
If Gary was talking to you Justin that 2467 K-D is the right socket and works fine for the sindle nuts. It's the same one I use.

If the original poster has tried a chisel and hammer and still had no luck you might as well fire up the torch.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Try pouring some coca cola on it a few times. I've heard that it loosens rusty bolts. Or WD-40, or Ronsonol lighter fluid

·
press ALT+F4
4,279 Posts
If the nut is that tight the spindle threads are probably trashed anyhow, I'd burn it off and get it over with. Sorry about your luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for all the tips, my frustration actually payed off when i just tryed yankin the sh*t out of the disk, ends up the bearing was so bad the nut pulled through it. So when i got it off i could just use a air chisel and run it around, threads were ok. got lucky this time :)

thanks again

·
Registered
209 Posts
yankin the sh*t out of the disk, ends up the bearing was so bad the nut pulled through it.
:shocked Holy Sh*t... Wow... lucky in a way, but man...

G.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts