Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 84 ford bronco with a 302. It has an external regulator. The wiring is factory and has not been hacked under the hood. I bought this truck for a dollar and it has very little rust and runs well. I just cannot get the alternator to charge. I put a new alternator, battery, voltage regulator and starter on it. i have an alldatadiy.com account that is very detailed with the wiring. I have check my leads and everything looks like where it should be. when i started going thru the wiring, i pulled back the factory tape and found the black wire with orange stripe going from the starter relay to the alterator to have a bad connection. This is where the yellow wire joins also. I have repaired it but still cannot get it to charge. I am not an electrician but i do know how to follow wires to there destination. If anyone has any help/experience with this, please advise. thanks.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Check out the green wire with the brown stripe since you have the protective plastic loom off. It can be broken internally and your alternator will never charge up your battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
are you talking about the light green wire with a red stripe that comes out of the voltage regulator. this wire goes about 4 inches and then into a connector with about 4 or five other wires. After that the wire seems to be a lighter color of green. What do i need to test for voltage-wise. thanks for your help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts