Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,070 Posts
Here's my 2 cents. The car looks nice, but the pics are a little unclear. Around here, Mustangs don't seem to be bringing what they once did. I don't know if the price fits today. It might if you can find the right crowd. :shrug It's a 66, less desirable than a 65. It's special because it's convertible, a GT, has the unusual paint, is in great shape, & is in great shape while still being original.

To attract someone with that price, it seems that you would need lots of clear pics showing how extremely nice it is, description emphasizing how exactly original & unrestored it is, & details of it's history, storage, & upkeep that could explain how that could be possible after 45 years. Show/describe any documentation that you have establishing that it is original. What has been changed, repainted, or rebuilt? How many miles are on it? Does the top work right? Show pics with the top & windows all down & all up. Partly up makes them look like the don't work, which is common for Fords of that era. Include pics of the pony interior for those who don't know what it is. You might tell them how few GTs were made, how many less of those came with this paint, & that none of the other ones have been kept up like this one.

The title should say something about it being a convertible GT, perfect, & unrestored. Increase the number of people who understand what this is, & how rare it is to have an opportunity to buy one. If you're taking it out with a for sale sign, add a typed sheet with it's special info. Don't come out & say that it's a rare deal, that sounds like hype. Let the information take them to that conclusion.

You may need a larger market than your local craigslist & FSB, maybe even more of a specific market for a car like that. Where else have you listed it? I see craigslist ads locally for special cars across the country. Show your pics & put the full description everywhere you list it. Around here, it seems that cars like that would sell better with nationwide exposure, or around a show where their followers are likely to see it & pass the word on to others. Print flyers to give away if you take it to a show.

·
Nvr Been Bnnd
8,675,444 Posts
link displayed page not found. for me anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,933 Posts
Have you listed it anywhere other than Craigslist?
I agree, a car like this needs TONS of pictures in order to attract the right buyer.
You can add as many pictures as you want to a Craigslist add simply by hosting them on photobucket or some other hosting site.
Photobucket generates the HTML codes for you, just copy and paste.
Also, get a Marti Report run on the car, well worth the investment to document the special order paint and GT options.
If you have documents for the car, list those in the add as well.
It's a tough market right now for classics, so you have to provide as much information as possible to make your car stand out.
Also, national/international exposure is going to reach a bigger audiance.
While it might not sell ON Ebay, listing it there will expose it to a much bigger group.

It's a nice looking Mustang BTW.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Might want to try the Vintage Mustang Forum, and maybe the Pro-touring.com websites. At least you'll be hitting the correct market there and they can help you with details and such.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Beautiful car, best of luck selling it. If I was in the market for a Mustang that one would definately be one I might take a look at. I really like that color on that car.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
Nice. As far as suggestions, I don't know much about the '66's as I love the mach 1's, but they had engine options, does yours, because you make no mention of the motor? Also, are the wheels factory?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I wouldn't even bother with Craigslist on that car. I would go straight to Hemmings, if it's all original like you claim, and if you have any documentation to back it up. Regardless, Hemmings is where people who are serious about rare classics, and have money, go to look.

In addition, there will be others there in similar shape so you can gauge if you are over or under priced.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.