Mileage: 50K+ on Body, ~150 Miles on Motor

1983 Mustang GLX

5 speed manual transmission

Mods:
351 Windsor Swap (freshly rebuilt)
Edelbrock Performer RPM Aluminum Intake Manifold
Edelbrock Performer RPM Cam
Edelbrock Performer 650 CFM Carb
Chrome Holley Air Cleaner (needs filter)
Edelbrock Lifters
Accel Coil
Cervinni's Fiberglass Twin Ram Air Hood
85 GT Front Bumper
Cervinni's Front Air Dam
Hurst T-Handle Shift Knob
Cervinni's Front Air Dam

Currently it has no radio (nor do I have one for it) but it has a mounting kit installed and has a Stinger power wire ran underneath the carpet to the hatch and a Stinger distribution block under the passenger seat. I have a Clarion 6 disc cd changer and a Rockford Fosgate 451S amp that I will make available to the buyer if they desire them.

New parts: Piston Rings, Cam/Main/Rod Bearings, Gaskets, Timing Chain and Gears, Starter, Spark Plug Wires, Spark Plugs, Oil Pump, Tires (Have most of the receipts)

Previous owner replaced clutch, trans, and rear-end gears when doing the motor swap.

History: Car was originally silver and was owned by my teacher who's wife blew the motor and fried the trans. He sold it to the owner of a body shop who swapped in the 351W, replaced the transmission and rear-end gears. He then added the hood, bumper, put in a sunroof (doesn't leak) and front lip. He painted it and then sold it to a good friend of my dad's who just drove it in the summer to work occasionally. He then sold it to me because he needed more of a "family car". None of the owners have driven the car in winter. Interior is clean, no rips or tears, little bit faded.

The Bad: Has a couple small spots of surface rust of driver's side door. Missing one peice of body moulding on driver's side front fender. Speedo stopped working a few days before I put it up for winter. Needs exhaust. Dash has a few cracks. Timing seems to be off, and it is running rich, needs to be adjusted and dialed in.

Any questions feel free to ask, I'm sure I'm missing stuff. The only reason I'm getting rid of it is because I can't drive it year-round. I don't see the point of having a car like this in the U.P.

I want something 4wd, preferably lifted on at least some 33's? No Junk. I am willing to meet part or halfway to make a trade as long as it isn't half way across the country.

Old Pics here:
http://photobucket.com/albums/a79/351wstanggt/?start=40

Pics as of June 3rd, 2006

Edit: Yes, the e-brake works, the peice of wood was there just in case. lol

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
When you say it's "tuned rich" do you mean the carb would just need to be adjusted?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I don't know why I worded it that way... I was problably drunk or on my way there when I typed that up. I messed with a little bit today, it's a little bit better, but it still seems the timing is affecting the way it runs more.... I just don't have the time anymore

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
88 351/AOD/4” ProComp 94 351/E4OD/4” Superlift
2,917 Posts
Try selling it on FEP.
Link's in my signature there.

·
Registered
826 Posts
would you be interested in a 91 explorer?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Clarko said:
Try selling it on FEP.
Link's in my signature there.
I had it listed there before, but thanks. I posted it again.

Hopefully they don't hate on me for ditching the aero-nose again lol

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
2,917 Posts
Ditching the aeronose? Aero is 87-93, just because it has an 85-86 nose on it, it's still a four-eye.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I always thought this was the aero-nose. The first time I posted pics of my Stang on FEP I got A LOT of hate for ditching it, so either I'm wrong and so are they, or you are.

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
2,917 Posts
They're and thus you're wrong. The Aero nose is 87-93. There may be some confusion on terminology here but just because it has an 85-86 front end, doesn't mean it lost it's identity. F*ck them who criticized that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Clarko said:
They're and thus you're wrong. The Aero nose is 87-93. There may be some confusion on terminology here but just because it has an 85-86 front end, doesn't mean it lost it's identity. F*ck them who criticized that.
Well thanks for clearing that up for me. I agree completely though that it hasn't lost it's identity, and IMO it looks much better then stock.

·
Registered
826 Posts
351wstangglx said:
not exactly what I was looking for, but maybe

I'll take your Bronc tho :drinkbud
i could probably deal with parting with the exploder, but not the bronco, sorry....:toothless

·
Banned
35 Posts
I'd trade u my bronc for it but you're just too far, I'm military and there's no way I'm getting out of here long enough to get there and back.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
jgw1986 said:
I'd trade u my bronc for it but you're just too far, I'm military and there's no way I'm getting out of here long enough to get there and back.
Hmmm... I'm supposed to be moving to Wichita Falls, Texas later this summer, if I still had it we could work out a deal.

I got a buddy at Ft. Sill, you know Rc Helsel?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts