Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back into the bronco action after having sold my '80. Started buildin it when I was 15...sold it shortly after I got my license. Had a Windsor on propane, auto. Stock height no sag, 33x12.50s (measured 13.5 sidewall to sidewall)

so today 6 years later Ive got myself another bronco, its a 1990 5L 5Speed. Fully blown engine (rod/crank knocking) I think theres a hole in the block due to the oil pissed everywhere. Other than that its pretty solid for $175, ive fixed worse rust! FSB's! :rockon
heres a few pics:

Heres some of my DD for good measure, 96 Powerstroke 5 speed

-Al

Theres some nice lookin Broncos on this site :thumbup

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah this is a sweet site....gonna find a parts truck,
All the ideas are just brewin away, my head cant keep up...for now I have to keep it moderate so the wife can have a DD...untill I buy her something new when I pay off my truck...but I have time, shes still gotta get her license.
This site is awsome, I wish I knew about it when I had my old bronco (if it was around 6 years ago)

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
puddin- welcome to the site!
looks like you got some work ahead of you- happy wrenching!
nice DD- im looking to get one of those myself...
ace

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah im the same pud as on FTE...I actually heard about this site on broncoii.org...I kept the user name pud so I dont confuse myself lol

As far as the engine goes...I need to keep it moderate, as Im going to use it as my summer driver to keep fuel consumption down. I get free diesel all winter long and I get paid for my truck, but I can park it in the summer. So Im planning, (not in stone) to build a 5.0L HO with the late 60s 289 heads my brother in law has for me. Gotta get the compression up around 11:1, then Im gonna run it on propane, hopefully the compression boost gets me the same amount of HP, as on gasoline....if not, close is fine.

I am in the works on getting a 91 f150 ext cab s/b, 5.0L, 5 speed for $300 (from my brother in law) that needs a tranny...debating the idea of putting the engine in the bronco, or the tranny in the truck then selling the truck for bronco money lol...I can find a 92-96 up here for under $1500 that will have everything I need, including a dash swap and front clip change, engine and tranny.
If I dont go 5.0L Im going to the 300, always wanted to turbo one on propane.
The M5ROD...is that the same as the b2200 4cyl mazdas? or is it off the B2600 v6 engine?

heres a pic of the f150

1 - 10 of 10 Posts