Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$3,600 in damage to Bronco the KIA was totaled. She hit the brakes on ice and slid into me when I was parked on the street. She moved my Bronco 1.5ft. It was so nice of her insurance co. to total out the truck. I did well in the settlement. I bought it back For $350.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
was there frame damage? i don't see a new rear quarter panel and bumper costing all that much to replace otherwise. looks like you had rust issues to boot.

i'd say you came out smelling like a rose :thumbup

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Damn..she didn't even crack the tail-lens. Kia's are tin coffins, glad to see the truck won.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No frame damage but it is a bondo queen from the previous owner. In the paint job you can see sanding marks. The floor is soft in more than one spot.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It is just a wonderfully safe feeling to know that pretty much any car can total itself on a bronco, and our bad boys will just drive away (for the most part).

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
wow u are getting a lot more than what thats gonna cost. Look slike you got some free upgrading money. I been hit a couple times with no damage when these people tear up their cars hehe. Broncos are beasts!

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
Moose said:
$3,600 in damage to Bronco the KIA was totaled. She hit the brakes on ice and slid into me when I was parked on the street. She moved my Bronco 1.5ft. It was so nice of her insurance co. to total out the truck. I did well in the settlement. I bought it back For $350.

So you're taking the $3600 and buying a used KIA you say ?:histerica :histerica

Kidding aside you are golden for project revive bronco !

I'd go straight to a junkyard tomorrow and buy a used rear bumper off a bronco or F-150 ($25). Then yank off the wrecked bumper and shove a 2X4 inside the rear quarter and pop the big dents out as best you can.

Finish pounding the dents as flat as you can get em' with a dolly anvil and hammer. Spray black gloss Krylon over and paint you pop and the "bodywork" is done!

Install the bumper, call the insurance company and tell em' you're fixed and back on the road.

Save the money for the projects you really want.

Sixlitre (glad you're okay)

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
Man you are lucky to have your Bronco "hit".

But, I have a question for you being a Michigander myself. I have been told many times and read a few places that these lovely POS No-fault laws we have screw the person being hit. I thought that since it's "no-fault" their insurance pays for their damages and yours pays for yours. If you don't have full coverage then your screwed. Was she from out of state? Just wondering.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RLKBOB said:
Man you are lucky to have your Bronco "hit".

But, I have a question for you being a Michigander myself. I have been told many times and read a few places that these lovely POS No-fault laws we have screw the person being hit. I thought that since it's "no-fault" their insurance pays for their damages and yours pays for yours. If you don't have full coverage then your screwed. Was she from out of state? Just wondering.
I have only pl/pd on mine bronco not full coverage. I was park on the street And it is private property at that point. Her insureance co is responable then not mine. No she was not from out of state.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sixlitre said:
So you're taking the $3600 and buying a used KIA you say ?:histerica :histerica

Kidding aside you are golden for project revive bronco !

I'd go straight to a junkyard tomorrow and buy a used rear bumper off a bronco or F-150 ($25). Then yank off the wrecked bumper and shove a 2X4 inside the rear quarter and pop the big dents out as best you can.

Finish pounding the dents as flat as you can get em' with a dolly anvil and hammer. Spray black gloss Krylon over and paint you pop and the "bodywork" is done!

Install the bumper, call the insurance company and tell em' you're fixed and back on the road.

Save the money for the projects you really want.

Sixlitre (glad you're okay)
I am going to buy another Bronco. Her insurance totaled my Bronco. I have had pieces fall off when I shut the door,before this happened no jokeing. I bought it back for $350 from her insurance. I will sell this one to pay for the lift and part of the tires on the new Bronco
I was not in the Bronco when it was hit I was in a house. We heard her hit it.

·
Registered
621 Posts
just a personal suggestion. if you have the means i'd be looking for bko's in a place where there is no rust. az has a bunch of bronco's and nice one's for under 4 g's and some you have to shmooze the deal. but no rust at all, and that's how i like em.

·
Lick my
2,086 Posts
50Gunner said:
Kia's are tin coffins,
You so sure bout that? Have YOU ever crashed one? I didnt think so.

Sucks that your truck got hit. At least you knew it happened. My Ranger got totalled and the guy took off, never to be seen again.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
83bronco5.0 said:
I love my Kia. Awesome car. Ive never had any trouble with it.
You must be one of the few people that got a good one, but if I were you I'd avoid crash testing it

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
83bronco5.0 said:
I love my Kia. Awesome car. Ive never had any trouble with it.

You so sure bout that? Have YOU ever crashed one? I didnt think so.
It might get good MPG but in a accident they suck. I wish I had a pic of the KIA you would not be saying they are great and you would not let your kids ride in it!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts