Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Fuel and spark, but no run. Scratching my head.

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  TheUnforgiven 
#1 ·
This no start has me pulling my hair out. I've pulled a plug and have good spark. Checked the distributor and it didnt move. Have 40 psi at the fuel rail with a new fuel pump. Noid lights flash when cranking over.Cranks over fine. But nothing, not even a sputter.

About a year ago I woke up and the truck wouldnt start. A few months later I went to work on it, and it started right up and ran fine, but 10 min later when I tried to start it again, it wouldn't start. A few months later, same deal. Now I'm getting nothing.

Any ideas what else to try? Is there a way to check the injectors are actually spitting fuel?

#6 ·
Check your Catalytic Convertor.
If it's factory, they have a tendency with age to plug up inside and keep the engine from starting, period. Went thru this at 75,000 miles w/ 351W and best professional guesstimate was a slipped timing chain. NOT!

Once exhaust manifolds were unbolted to breathe freely, it started right up and sounded like a race car.

Best scenerio, if you don't have to pass smog tests to register, punch the guts out of the convertor or take it off completely.

#7 ·
Your case is the first I've heard of where a bad converter wouldn't even let the engine start. Cats don't go bad from sitting.

I'm betting on an ignition or sensor related issue. Pull codes dude.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.