Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Autozone told me the fuel tank capacity was 22 gallons. I was told that the 89's were around 30 gallons. Also my bronco is a two wheel drive manual shift is that unusual? How hard is it to put in a transfer case? I think it has a front end thing ( like the rear end) that you hook your drive train too to hook a drive shaft into. is it expensive and hard to make it 4wd?

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
You don't have a 4wd Bronco? I thought they all came 4wd after 78 or something? And if you have a skid plate and not straps then I am pretty sure you have the 33 gallon tank.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,696 Posts
halfass said:
Autozone told me the fuel tank capacity was 22 gallons. I was told that the 89's were around 30 gallons. Also my bronco is a two wheel drive manual shift is that unusual? How hard is it to put in a transfer case? I think it has a front end thing ( like the rear end) that you hook your drive train too to hook a drive shaft into. is it expensive and hard to make it 4wd?
Is this for real?

I think there were some foriegn versions made and sent overseas that were only 2 wheel drive.

Bronco's came with 2 types of fuel tanks. 24 gallon and 32 gallon, at least over here they did.

Seeing as though you haven't given us much information on the Bronco, you'd have to add a transmission that can adapt a transfer case, a front driveshaft, a front axle, and some supsension changes up front.

·
Banned
33,450 Posts
Autozone isn't known as an oracle of accurate information... If your tank has a skid plate under it, it's 32 gal.

Every vehicle that says "Bronco" was built at the factory as a 4WD convertible truck. "Bronco II" doesn't count. If you don't have a t-case, but you DO have a front drive axle, then a previous owner deleted the t-case. Putting it back isn't hard, if you can collect the right parts. First, you'll need a 4WD transmission from any '80-96 (or several other) fullsize Ford truck. Most pickup t-cases won't work because they use a rear slip yoke. (Only the BW 1345 from pickups has a fixed rear yoke.) Broncos have a fixed rear yoke & a double-cardan joint at the front of the rear d-shaft. The shifter needs to fit your transmission extension & work with your t-case. The front d'shaft has to match the transmission. The rear d'shaft has to match the transmission AND be from a Bronco.

. . . . .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts