Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1988 ford bronco eddie bauer and i am having a problem with my gas gauge. both of my fuel pumps are working but my gauge is stuck completely past the full mark and i don't know where to start... If anyone can help please do so.

·
Administrator
22,838 Posts
check the float on the sending unit inside the tank. either drop the tank or look for Steve83's write up on cutting out the floor and making an access plate.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
check the float on the sending unit inside the tank. either drop the tank or look for Steve83's write up on cutting out the floor and making an access plate.
IF you do drop the tank punch that daymn whole in the floor!! I just did it (remembered steves) about 2 weeks ago and it was worth it just putting the lines and plug back in it!!! <---Is it me or did i type that to fast weired?must be teh cafiezes.:thumbup

·
Registered
430 Posts
I got the kit from Steve83 but I haven't had the time or nerve to cut the hole yet. I already marked where I need to cut, so all I have to do is cut it.

What did you use to cut it with?

The only thing I have to cut it with is a jigsaw I recently bought for another project.

·
Registered
600 Posts
a dremel tool or a grinder with a cutting plade will work. Depending on how much space there is a saw zaw might just fit and would be the easies probably.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
I got the kit from Steve83 but I haven't had the time or nerve to cut the hole yet. I already marked where I need to cut, so all I have to do is cut it.

What did you use to cut it with?

The only thing I have to cut it with is a jigsaw I recently bought for another project.
I actually cut mine with a jig saw and it cut just fine. As long as you have a good blade it would work pretty good. I was going to use a angle grinder with a cut off wheel but I was a little to afraid to make sparks around the fumes because I was in a garage...that and it wasn't my house either. It would still probably be easier with a angle grinder, but if all you have to use is a jig saw it is very do-able.

KC:beer

EDIT: Just for the record I had my tank off and there where some fumes and the gas lines where pretty close to where I would be making sparks...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts