Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 21 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, we've looked everywhere for it... Anyone have any idea where it is?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Usually it’s located under the left rear door on the drivers side but it dose not no longer have one on that model I work for ford as a machanic ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you're saying the 12 escape doesn't have an external fuel filter somewhere in the fuel line?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome. Good to know... Kinda ticks me off that advanced auto would sell me one saying it's an exact replacement if there isn't even one.
Is there one built into the fuel tank/fuel pump?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Awesome. Good to know... Kinda ticks me off that advanced auto would sell me one saying it's an exact replacement if there isn't even one.
Is there one built into the fuel tank?
Yes but they didn’t change the body style all that much so I Ofer to put a filter where it should go you would almost have to change out lines and all to the tank .. so yes it’s built into the fuel pump.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,876 Posts
What engine
Common question when looking under the hood of an Escape. Engine, what engine? 😁 Ours says "Singer" on the valve cover.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,876 Posts
What do you mean??
It's a joke. Not a very good one if it has to be explained, but still a joke. The smiley was supposed to indicate an attempt at humor, but in the quote it looks like some sort grimmace instead of the smile I see here. 😁 The engine in our Escape is small, at least compared to all the other Fords around here. So when looking under the hood one might ask in jest "engine, what engine?"

Singer makes sewing machines. "Singer" on the valve cover is also a comment on the small size.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's a joke. Not a very good one if it has to be explained, but still a joke. The smiley was supposed to indicate an attempt at humor, but in the quote it looks like some sort grimmace instead of the smile I see here. 😁 The engine in our Escape is small, at least compared to all the other Fords around here. So when looking under the hood one might ask in jest "engine, what engine?"

Singer makes sewing machines. "Singer" on the valve cover is also a comment on the small size.
Looks like we posted that at the same time 😂

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had the cruise set at 50ish on pretty level ground and it felt like I could feel it accelerate for a sec then let off then accelerate for a sec and let off. Traction control was turned off too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had the cruise set at 50ish on pretty level ground and it felt like I could feel it accelerate for a sec then let off then accelerate for a sec and let off. Traction control was turned off too.
Has the t body been replaced

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok so it’s surging
What all have you done

Haven't done a whole lot of anything yet. After talking to a car saavy ish friend and the cat at Advanced Auto they both thought the non existent fuel filter was the place to start.

1 - 21 of 45 Posts