Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ok, I found 13No3 and they say it's the non recall recall...
Right?
It dose not fall into your symptoms but could be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Thanks @ponyman2013 I appreciate the info. It's somewhere to start anyway.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I doubt you issue is a throttle body. Usual throttle body complaints are vehicle does nothing when I give it gas. Shut of the key and restart everything is then fine.

Is the engine lite on? Sounds like a possible misfire to me. That would however usually set the engine light on. With those miles and the plugs being replaced coil pack boots may cause a misfire as well as coil park its self.

Torque converter may also be locking and unlocking causing a surge. It's made to lock and unlock. It can be felt when locking and unlocking. Real time live data observation at the time of fault can dismiss or verify that.

The converter clutch may also be slipping when it shouldn't be.

I've also see brake drag cause issues similar to those described.

If it is the four cylinder version and this only happens when the defrost postion or a/c is in use, the a/c compressor can also cause a surge feeling. The compressor turning on and off effects engine load.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I doubt you issue is a throttle body. Usual throttle body complaints are vehicle does nothing when I give it gas. Shut of the key and restart everything is then fine.

Is the engine lite on? Sounds like a possible misfire to me. That would however usually set the engine light on. With those miles and the plugs being replaced coil pack boots may cause a misfire as well as coil park its self.

Torque converter may also be locking and unlocking causing a surge. It's made to lock and unlock. It can be felt when locking and unlocking. Real time live data observation at the time of fault can dismiss or verify that.

The converter clutch may also be slipping when it shouldn't be.

I've also see brake drag cause issues similar to those described.

If it is the four cylinder version and this only happens when the defrost postion or a/c is in use, the a/c compressor can also cause a surge feeling. The compressor turning on and off effects engine load.
Hey @D0OE-6090-R thank u... No check engine light, no ac in use. Coil packs are good (just checked when we did plugs n wires), brakes don't feel like they're hanging up... But when it happens u can see the tach twitch just a bit and now he says it's hesitant to shift into 5th so probably tranny related ☹

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey @D0OE-6090-R thank u... No check engine light, no ac in use. Coil packs are good (just checked when we did plugs n wires), brakes don't feel like they're hanging up... But when it happens u can see the tach twitch just a bit and now he says it's hesitant to shift into 5th so probably tranny related
I just did have a similar issue with a vibration issue which turned out to be a trans related issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 45 of 45 Posts