Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the story behind this. I bought this 85 bronco from a guy that was getting ready to scrap yard it. It had an electrical gremlin that I did end up finding and repairing, but soon after I yanked the engine due to a major rear main leak. The problem was a corroded ignition power wire in the pass side floor board. It has since been 4 years and now I am working on making it road worthy again. I have no way to contact the guy I bought it from and there for do not know the entire story behind this problem. :doh0715: Hopefully one of you have seen or experienced this..

I'll let the photos speek first.

From what I can remember, he said the instrument cluster smoked, this damage was visable and the fuel gauge never worked again. I see no physical damage to the film on the cluster, and from what I remember all the other gauges function as they should.
Remember, it has been 4 years since I saw this truck do much of anything except put the windows up and down under its own power so details are sketchy at best.

so, does anyone know what caused this before I go find a new gauge to put in it and start from scratch?

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have all that crap in a bag somewhere close, I did a full custom gauge panel a year ago. PM me, cover shipping and it's yours.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Steve. I'll get out there and check the wiring. I'd never seen one do this before.

jshnagar Does your cluster have the tach?

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the offer man! I actually found one at pull-a-part this weekend. It was the only one in the whole damn place, so I went ahead and got the whole cluster. Might want to list that stuff on the forsale section..I've seen many people that wanted to put a factory tach in their rigs.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Thanks for the offer man! I actually found one at pull-a-part this weekend. It was the only one in the whole damn place, so I went ahead and got the whole cluster. Might want to list that stuff on the forsale section..I've seen many people that wanted to put a factory tach in their rigs.
Just not the people that want a working tach. those factory tachs are delicate. But, check out the wire film. Mine was cracked and I had to patch it with some wire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts