Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 bronco an the fuel gauge hasn't worked since i got it. I think it is the sending unit but would like some input before i shell out the cash. All other gauges work and i checked the fuses. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
yeah i have the same problem in my90 bronco 302. the fuel gauge hasn't worked since ive got mine. i think its the sending unit too but im not really sure.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have own a 87 88 and a 79. In all the cases the float has been rusted. Might wana check that out before buying the whole unit should be like 10$ fix

·
Registered
26 Posts
My fuel guage in my 86 reads empty all the time unless I drive 20 to 30 miles nonstop then it will work till it sits for a while. I think it is a bad ground, but not sure.

·
#1 Asshole
1,452 Posts
I have a 91 (the ugly blue one in my signature) the fuel gauge was broke as is yours I found out it was the fuel float it was $15 at my local FORD dealer or try http://www.nationalpartsdepot.com ford has used the same float since forever NPD has them for $8 plus shipping the part number for thiers is 9202-1 thats where I got mine they are about 45 minutes from my house.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts