Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im rebuilding my 5.8 351W and I keep finding fuel injectors that list applicable years as 1993 and up. Being honest here, I am looking at the $100.00 sets on amazon and partsgeek.com but my goal here is to shop smart, not be cheap.

My question is, arent the fuel injectors the same between the SD EFI in gen 4 and MAF gen 5 trucks?

Edit: my truck is a 1990

·
Registered
364 Posts
They are all EV1 for the early years. EV6 will also work. You would have to use adapters or change the plugs for EV6

·
Man of endless projects
9,347 Posts
look for Explorer 5.0 96-98 injectors. they are a direct swap, EV6 style. same flow rating but more efficient design. otherwise 87-96 used same injectors (later years had 4-hole spray pattern for more efficiency)

·
Registered
9,863 Posts
look for Explorer 5.0 96-98 injectors. they are a direct swap, EV6 style. same flow rating but more efficient design. otherwise 87-96 used same injectors (later years had 4-hole spray pattern for more efficiency)

This. Early EV1s were a pintle design which is horribly inefficient. The EV1 DRI injectors look the same but have a 4 hole design. My 94 had those and I upgraded to the explorer EV6s.

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs. 94 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/1356/3.50 gears.
414 Posts
Has anyone noticed an increase in fuel economy or driveability with the newer injectors? This may be a good way to reduce emissions too, a better spray pattern can burn easier.

·
Man of endless projects
9,347 Posts
there suppsoe to be about 10% more efficient spray pattern, the EV6 being a more accurate injector also. seen people say increased 1mpg but i could not say because both my 96 already had 4-bole pattern. but i putthem on everybodies trucks when i can.

the 99-01 Explorer 5.0 use a different injector so dont use them. different flow rate and connector. i believe the rate is similar to the 4.9 injectors and i have wondered if using adapters if they would be a good swap on them

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay guys so I got the 4 hole injectors but have another question. So being a knuckle head I snapped off the bolts for the thermostat housing. After then breaking a bolt retriever I went to the nearest you pull and got a another lower intake off of a 93 F150. My new injectors go into the old manifold with that satisfying pop letting me know their in place, but they wont seat properly in the new manifold. I can get them in and the O rings definetly seal but it doesnt feel right and they can slide to weird angles. Any one seen this before?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey all, just in case anyone reads this. Lube is the answer just about any time it's not threaded!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts