Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting for a friend,

He has a 91 that is not getting fuel

We know the relay is good and sending power, we replaced the pump and it's still not getting power any suggestiono for him?

It's got the 351w

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you bypass the relay, do you get power to the pump ? Could be a ground issue if power gets to the pump but doesn't have a good enough ground then it wouldn't run. Also make sure an see if the vehicle has a fuel cut off switch for safety. They're supposed to cut off the pump in case of a wreck, but I've shit one off on a friends ranger in highschool by kicking it on accident.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you bypass the relay, do you get power to the pump ? Could be a ground issue if power gets to the pump but doesn't have a good enough ground then it wouldn't run. Also make sure an see if the vehicle has a fuel cut off switch for safety. They're supposed to cut off the pump in case of a wreck, but I've shit one off on a friends ranger in highschool by kicking it on accident.
nice!!

where and how can i bypass the relay??

·
Registered
24 Posts
That I'm not sure for your year model truck haha, I've done it on a 98 explorer. You'll need to see which pin has constant 12 volt and which pin is switched when the relay is functioning. Most relays have a diagram on them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That I'm not sure for your year model truck haha, I've done it on a 98 explorer. You'll need to see which pin has constant 12 volt and which pin is switched when the relay is functioning. Most relays have a diagram on them.

soooo get a jumper wire???:doh0715:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts