Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know much about broncos first of all. in fact this is not even mine. the problem that im having is there is fuel leaking from under the hood. Its comming from the drivers side of the engine from something that looks like a valve stem. It just starts leaking when i start the bronco and doesnt stop. someone help me quick!!!! O ya i think its an 89 if that helps.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Valve stem? Make sure all your fuel lines are good. Also couple be a bad filter.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Be careful. Don't want to blow yourself or the Bronco up. It sounds like it's your fuel pressure regulator. It is a small silver cylinder looking thing at the back of the engine on the drivers side. I can go take a pic of it on my dads 96 if you need me to. You may just have a line that came loose. Get back there and look at it. CAUTION!!! when you do this have someone on hand with a fire extinguisher just in case. I am not joking.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sounds to me like your fuel pressure test port schrader valve is leaking

·
Registered
70 Posts
The relief valuve is on the fuel rail if my memory serves me right....

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,922 Posts
LargeCar said:
Sounds to me like your fuel pressure test port schrader valve is leaking

that is the pressure relief valve that you will be looking for. it is on the drivers side of the engine.. it is at the front of the engine

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
gearrat said:
that is the pressure relief valve that you will be looking for. it is on the drivers side of the engine.. it is at the front of the engine
Yea, I agree, on the drivers side, front of engine is a little valve on the fuel rail, mine has a valve stem kinda cap on it. Not sure that will be an easy fix. Can you tell, is it leaking from inside/under the cap, or where the little metal step screws into the fuel rail?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Um....LargeCar is the only one here that was in the ballpark. A pressure relief valve? hehe....It's the test port for the fuel pressure gauge.

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
Ditto, it's not a "normal" pressure relief valve. Technically, a pressure relief valve will vent when it reaches a pre-set pressure. The test port will relieve pressure only when you physically depress the valve stem. I'm not sure what kind of valve stem it uses, don't think it's a standard tire valve stem due to the gasoline/rubber seal compatibility.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts