Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· scrounger extrordinaire
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
ill take a look at the cost of solid lines at the parts store. i want to eliminate the line that ran to the evap canister completely as well. hey 78bronco460, how do you get the 15" rims to fit on the 8 lug fronts? are they chevy? whats the offset on the rims? my 16.5s barely clear the bolt that holds the caliper locking key in place. the pump doesnt close the hose as it is now, but i see your point. when i am under there drilling holes for the sliders i will see more and make up my mind whats up.

· Registered
12,086 Posts
hey axe, theres a post in the 78.79 section about clearing 3/4 ton and 1 ton calipers with 15's.

go steel down the side of the truck. its safe, cheap and easy to use......

and for being lazy, i hear you on that!
my turck has been onthe stands at my shop here for over 4 months all i have done is basically remove crap for my D60 front swap! of course after i get this Zuk cage done i will sling the axle under it and go to town and hopefully make it move soon.

· scrounger extrordinaire
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
i hear ya Zach. i didnt do anything to the D60 for a long while, then i finally cut off all the crap and grinded it smooth ... and thats about all. i got a set of these

and i am still looking for decent ends for the drag link that will allow for the flex. i may end up with heims on the drag link and TREs on the tie rod. i am ready to get that bastard in there and then sell off my D44s. or keep the D44/8 lug and slip that under a smaller vehicle like a Zuk or a tracker possibly. i like the little rodeos and the amiga too with the topless rear section like my bronco. i have found bigger TREs than that one since taking that picture. just nothing that looks like it will handle the drop from the pitman arm to steering knuckle when it flexes. which thread was that about the 15s Zach?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.