Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to change a fuel pump in a 94. Have gotten every thing loosened up but cannot get one of the fuel ines to disconnect. Have been working it all day and I am about to stuff a rag in the fuel tank, light it and walk away!

I have most likely screwed up the springs inside. Any ideas now? What a PITA!

Jim

·
Registered
127 Posts
Are you using the right size removal tool?

I just did my filter, and didn't have my tool box. I had to go out and spend 27 bucks on a tool that I had in my box already :|

Does the line turn? Or is it frozen?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I am using the right size. It does twist back and forth, so it isn't completely frozen. I just can't get to it very well. The tool feels as though it fully engages.

I am using a cheap metal one, but I have used it before on the filter.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I just changed my filter, and found that there was one that fit, but didn't do anything, and one that worked. Size-wise they weren't too far apart.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Were you using the plastic style or metal? The one I am having trouble with is the return line. Does any one know what size it is? Or what color plastic tool should be used?

Thanks for the help. I have put away the matches for now.... Maybe I need a beer.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I was using the plastic ones. All of mine are white, sorry. I'll measure it or post a pic tonight if I can.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Some you can use 3/8, and some 1/2 inch disconnect tool

numbers D87L-9280-A and D87L-9280-B

1 - 7 of 7 Posts