Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do these things just switch off or need to be reset. I went to the store today and the truck was running fine, then come out and no start. so i look in the haynes manual do some diagnostics and what not, everything checks out fine so i do the reset thing and bam it starts up? what can cause this? i thought that was if the truck flipped or whatever so it wouldnt dump fuel out. so does this mean the switch is going bad or what?

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it is an easy swap i am just wandering if is going to keep doing this

·
Registered
136 Posts
Has it only done it once? If so, i don't think i woudl worry about it. Worse case is that you'd have to jumper the switch until you got a new one. Not sure how to test it. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Just remove the switch and be done with it. :)

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Could it be that someone "tapped" into you in the parking lot while you went inside????

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
naw i dont think so. would that cause it. i called ford and they said a bad fuel filter could cause it but i cant see how. all i know is it wouldnt start, and then i popped that up it started then died, and i pushed it in and it started up. i came to work and havent looked at it since i am hoping i make it home.

ken

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not possible, no one rides in the passenger side. well i went and it started fine. i cant tell if someone bumped it or not. but it is working at the moment.

·
Administrator
22,849 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
Not possible, no one rides in the passenger side. well i went and it started fine. i cant tell if someone bumped it or not. but it is working at the moment.
cross your fingers...knock on wood...and hope it doesnt happen again:twotu:

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
redwagon said:
cross your fingers...knock on wood...and hope it doesnt happen again:twotu:

yeah no shit i am putting an engine in soon, i dont want to have to replace fuel parts as well.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,687 Posts
RLKBOB said:
I was also gonna say maybe somebody bumped you. Is there any chance you kicked it getting out of the Bronco?

93 and up i believe are on the passenger side, under the kick panel.

It's main priority is to cut power to the fuel pump upon impact, i would vote that someone bumped you just enough not to damage your bumpers, but enough to make the switch do it's job

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks guys hopefully it was a one time thing

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,923 Posts
I just got this mental image of a guy bumping the Bronco while it's innocently sitting there idling and the look of puzzlement on his face when the truck just shuts off. :toothless

·
Administrator
22,849 Posts
BroncoBabe said:
I just got this mental image of a guy bumping the Bronco while it's innocently sitting there idling and the look of puzzlement on his face when the truck just shuts off. :toothless
ha ha ha...how about some one bumping kens bronco and then seeing him come out and catching them...bet they would sh*t their pants!

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
redwagon said:
ha ha ha...how about some one bumping kens bronco and then seeing him come out and catching them...bet they would sh*t their pants!

Now that you mention it, there was an army fukker that was really eager to help out. he wasnt there when i went in. maybe that ass hat hit the ole bronco. but shit there is so much damn body damage that i cant tell. asshole. its alright though he was in a jeep i will be pulling him out of the ditch sooner or later

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
I'd bet against the bump in the parking lot theory. I've hit a lot of stuff with my bronco and never tripped the switch. My old rangers switch just randomly switched off one day, so I think it's just old age

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
either way it is working now. knock on wood

1 - 20 of 20 Posts