Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys broke down and got a fuel pressure cage well with the koeo i got 40 psi thats great, but with the koer it bounces between 28 and 32 and that sucks, so what i am asking here is what should the pressure be witht eh truck running

·
Registered
355 Posts
That's not too bad. You should see an increase from that when applying throttle. Should level off again around that 40-45 mark. If you increase throttle and fuel pressure stays the same or drops off, you've got a pressure problem. What model Bronco? Earlier EFI setups are different form later.

30 psi at normal

Bob K.

·
Registered
355 Posts
'87 that helps. Does the fuel pressure drop off at throttle up? There are 2 fuel pumps and a reservoir on that model. THe intank model is a low pressure, (volume producing) pump. It runs it up to the reservoir, then the high pressure pump takes over. The reservoir is there to keep the fuel volume sufficient for the frame rail pump.

Little known fact. The reservoir has a filter in it. It's a small round one. It will stop up and cause the very symptom that you are mentioning. There is not enough fuel in the reservoir for the frame pump to draw on. Truck cuts out.

BTDT, and I hated it.

Bob K.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Take a look on the frame rail. On the AOD equipped unit, the reservoir is just to the front of the crossmember mount. It's just a small unit. I used to have a pic of it and the filter inside in on my Superford registry. I can look around and see if I still have them.

Bob K.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Found 'em. System says I can not post attachments. I can email them to you if you want. Got a pic of the clogged filter as well.

Bob K.

·
Registered
355 Posts
It has a carter # on it...if memory serves. Should NOT be hard to find one. Dealer was $47.11 + tax.

Bob K.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
Fuel pressure sounds good to me.
Spec calls for 40-45 with no vaccum at the regulator and 30-35 with vacuum at regulator.

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,920 Posts
ok here ya go folks thanks to fireguy and nwbronco for the tech help.. :thumbup but it was nwbronco that id'd the part that i needed. it was the filter in the frame rail fuel res that was beyond dirty, and that was what the prob was...

once again thanks for everyones help :thumbup

·
Registered
355 Posts
gearrat said:
ok here ya go folks thanks to fireguy and nwbronco for the tech help.. :thumbup but it was nwbronco that id'd the part that i needed. it was the filter in the frame rail fuel res that was beyond dirty, and that was what the prob was...

once again thanks for everyones help :thumbup

Sweet. :thumbup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts