Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing the cut this week.

Steve83 you still selling the cover panels, or if not know anyone who is?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perfect, thanks Steve and jermil.

I'm going to order that replacement part and do the cut this weekend, and probably just cover up the cut with cardboard or whatever until the plate comes in lol

·
Super Moderator
26,048 Posts
yo,
Extract one from a Bronco or series from a yard queen.
BTW, IDK if 78-96 E series have the same pan.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
:stupid :thumbup...........the shipping is 22.00 so you will be into this for 60.00 for a 5.00 JY part, and a little of your time

·
Registered
164 Posts
I recently did this with the panel from the tail gate of a Bronco in the junk yard. I was a bit concerned that the length would be too short, but it was ok. Super easy to remove the screws to get the panel. Once home, the jig saw quickly cut what I needed for the panel.

·
Registered
446 Posts
How'd you create overlap for it so it doesn't just fall right back through the hole that you made?
Well, right now it's temporarily held in place by a piece of peel n seal. I plan to line the perimeter with a flexible weatherstripping and hinge/latch that puppy. Just have to get creative.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, right now it's temporarily held in place by a piece of peel n seal. I plan to line the perimeter with a flexible weatherstripping and hinge/latch that puppy. Just have to get creative.

Y'know that sounds a lot better than ending up 50 bucks out. I think I may just temporarily do that until I can slice some metal out of a junkyard bronco (of which we have very few...)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's not a big hole and it allows much easier access to the fuel pump in case of failure again, plus it's a hell of a lot easier than dropping the whole tank etc.

Just personal preference is all, nothing wrong with doing it the traditional way.

If only the fuel pump was on the engine like so many older cars....two bolts, one gasket, and voila!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, it's a big hole with a cover.

Okay personal preference. I don't see where cutting some sheet metal in the back of a 20+ year old truck is gonna cause an issue. All good whatever works for you man! personally I don't want to deal with a whole day of labor trying to drop that huge frickin' tank etc. :thumbup

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I used an air nibbler to cut the access hole, that way I didn't have to be too concerned with cutting the fuel lines (return, vent, and supply) on my '94. I used a patch panel from JBG, luckily I only live about 45 minutes from there. It made the job a lot easier than when I dropped the tank on my '96.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts