Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this 1985 bronco for a few months. The other day I was looking into what it was gonna take to change the timing cover cause the guy I got it from said that's why it dripped oil. Well I was looking at it and found out some idiot never put a fuel pump block off plate on it and that's where most of the oil drips from. Shouldn't it be gushing out instead of just dripping ? Any way I got nappa to order me one and was wondering if y'all could tell me what size bolts to put in it? Size,length,fine or coarse thread ect ? Thanks in advance for any help?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention they put electric fuel pump on it. I assume they did a motor swap but I don't know how to uncode the vin# it's a 5.0 efi motor I know those came out in 85 bronco but wouldn't that motor not have a spot on the block for a fuel pump

·
Registered
145 Posts
I mean the mechanical fuel pump has nothing to do with the block. It is fully contained within the timing cover and pumped from a offset circle plate on the front of the cam. So if they changed to an efi motor changing the timing cover and adding the pump circle to the cam everything could stay the way the truck was even if you put an electric fuel pump on it.

Also on the bolts I believe 1 inch long is the right size.

Oil wouldn't really gush out. Oil only drips at the front of the motor as compared to the center above the cam and crank where it flows back down to the pan.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the info I got some bolts today and I also got some allen head bolts,thinking maybe I can get in there with an allen wrench without having to take anything off but it's gonna be tight. Probably have to move the power steering outta my way

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,538 Posts
No, just lay down some cardboard and shinny under. Yeah, it's a confined space, but if I can get my big meathooks in there, so can you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, just lay down some cardboard and shinny under. Yeah, it's a confined space, but if I can get my big meathooks in there, so can you.
Thank you I'll try that but I got some big ass hands I'm 6'4 290. Got another question I see others posting pic of there rigs how would I go about posting some of my 85?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts