Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1995 XLT SAS w D44 and D60 rear
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My search skillsmust be dead today. When I start the truck I get the normal buzzing of the pump presuring up. Truck starts and runs fine, but the pump does not seem to stop whining ever as I drive, I can not hear it on the highway over tires ect but can at normal city sppeds so I assume that it is at highway speed. Just courious, is this the pump telling me it is about to die?

·
OMF
2,957 Posts
My MSD pump runs continuous, if the regululator is set properly it will not shut off.

·
Super Moderator
26,998 Posts
yo W,
Think the sound increase is due to colder weather, thereby causing more sounds vibes in other components? (diff to 'splain due to no sleep)

·
Premium Member
1995 XLT SAS w D44 and D60 rear
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The MASTER has spoken:thumbup Makes sense as I noticed as it was getting colder. I was worried because I ran her out of gas :brownbag a while ago, more than a year, and was worried that I "f"ed the pump.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
it can be a sign that it's about to die. but not always. my broncos pumps whined loud as shit and never died. same with my 96 F150, one pump whined quietly, the other was loud (dual tanks). 20k miles and never a problem.

if the fuel filter has more than 12k on it i'd change it just for shits and giggles.

·
Super Moderator
26,998 Posts
yo,
Also, mine has moaned n' groaned for 10 years; when grandsons come over, I start it and lead them to the tailgate area so they can hear "Ratchet" (from Transformers movies) talk to them; I click the remote PDLs too...

·
Local # 40 Boilermakers
15,785 Posts
I bet they get a kick out of that. Mine has been a whiner for a few years now, more so since the bed liner but it got louder period.

·
Super Moderator
26,998 Posts
I bet they get a kick out of that. Mine has been a whiner for a few years now, more so since the bed liner but it got louder period.
YO B!
Yep, these two are 4 & 2 so they are into it. During Halloween time, I put the party time strobe (from NAVY BEER Nghts...lol) in the Bronco using the inverter and a remote 110 vac switch pigtail... they were hppin' and fighting off the Decepticons w/Ratchet clicking and whining away!

·
Local # 40 Boilermakers
15,785 Posts
Tats a good age, I dont have grandkids yet I am only 30, but we have 5 of our own here. The youngest will be 7 on new years day :toothless

1 - 12 of 12 Posts