Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found plenty of threads about replacing the fuel pumps but im wondering can i go with a bigger intank pump and bypass the frame rail pump? or should i just go ahead and replace both with better quality ones?

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
a single newer style pump intake will be fine. but it may trip a check engine light as one pump has failed

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would also like to delete one of the fuel pumps. I was thinking you would have to get a harness from a single pump vehicle. Would love to hear from anyone who was successful at converting to a single pump.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im thinking just leave the frame rail pump there but disconnect and bypass it. shouldnt need a different harness. then put a big intank pump in.

maybe even use the frame rail pump for somethin else

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,809 Posts
You can install the later model pump right into your tank, but you might have the change the plug on the harness. I had to, but its because im running both the p/u pump & tank. I still have the second pump on the rail but i doubt it does much anymore. I dont really see any benefit from switching to one pump vs having two though. It does the same job, but now its got to work harder to do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts