Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
89 Problems
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went mudding last night and had a BLAST. it would have been better, though, if i could have seen. my stock squirter doesn't work. my friend was telling me that on his buddy's mud runner truck, the little stock pump wasn't enough so he upgraded to a fuel pump!! it sounded to me like that may be viable. what do you guys think?

·
89 Problems
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he said he was in the truck once when the guy used it and it was like being blasted with a pressure washer.... i'll see what happens :D

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,819 Posts
When you get done with your window washing pump set-up, you can try another project like some knuckle head I met in Mexico did;

1). New plastic washer resovoir with built-in pump.
2). Install in engine room, run rubber hose thru firewall, up d/side pillar and up to window visor.
3). Install new switch on dash.
4). Fill new resorvoir with Meyers Rum.
5). To use, insert rubber hose into mouth, activate dash switch.
6). Swallow.
7). Repeat as needed.

(This was actually on a '65 Chevy panel truck. The guy was on his way to Panama on a year long surf trip, though I seriously doubt he made it)............

·
my bko ate my money
3,878 Posts
hell naw DUI before he crossed the border we used to do some shit like that on our hot rods, we once ran a hose from the washer pump to above our rear tires, fill with bleach and spray when doin burnouts, made great smokey burnouts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I tried something similar when I was mud racing a 67 Bronco, but instead of using the fuel pump to clean the windshiel, I used it to spray water on the radiator to cool it down (If you won your race you had to turn around and get back in the staging lines) I ran it through 4 nozzles from those pump up home/garden sprayers. It did work nicely, but the water would corrode the pumps I used (high pressure frame mount pumps from mid-80's Fords) I finally learned to drain the storage tank and spray WD40 into the inlet side of the pump while it was running immediately after the races when I got home- maybe other kinds of pumps would survive better than what I used.

·
my bko ate my money
3,878 Posts
ya i just did the fuel pump for my washer fluid today, works good but you have to use a relay so you dont burn the factory switch

would of taken pictures but if you look at me E4OD thread you can see i melted my digi cam 2 months ago

brake cleaner + plastic = bad:banghead

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.