Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty smelled raw fuel a few times while driving. Got out and looked but never saw a leak til today was messing around with the carb. Its leaking at the fuel pump. My question is should I get the stock replacement or a spectra electric pump?

The electric says it maxes at 9psi and the min is 5psi, the regular is 8 and 6.5 both flow 30gph. Also if I go elec. where or what is good spot to tap into a 12v hot in run?

·
Registered
84 Posts
get the stock replacement... make sure your tank isnt rusted out... my truck ran outta gas and sucked a bunch of rust and scale in the pump and thats what took mine out... it aint but 25 bucks or so and if you dont have any tank issues should work just fine...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No tank issues that i know of. Looked at autozone the stock pump is 25 the electric one is 50.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
get the stock replacement... make sure your tank isnt rusted out... my truck ran outta gas and sucked a bunch of rust and scale in the pump and thats what took mine out.....
i agree with stock replacement.

what i have never understood is the bolded part. the pickup in the tank (be it carb or EFI) sucks from the very bottom of the tank. so "i ran low and sucked up a bunch of shit off the bottom of the tank" makes no sense (to me) because the pickup IS on the bottom of the tank, which is where the crap is always gonna be.

and i don't believe for a second rust and other crap floats. i've seen crap that has found it's way into a tank (while the tank was out) and the crap was on the bottom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts