Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this happen to anyone else? I shut my truck off, hop out and shut the door and the pump primes (like when you first start it, for just a sec or two). It doesn't do it every time, maybe once a day, if that. It just started doing this when my battery crapped out on me. I have a new battery and it's still doing it. Has this happened to anyone else? What might cause this? Also the truck runs great, I'm just concerned about the phantom fuel pump primer.

'90 302

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
search is exactly what i always do first, and the only stuff i could come up with were things like "my pump won't stop priming," or "my pump doesn't prime anymore"

I love the search feature, use it all the friggin time! (thats why my post count is so dang low)

·
Banned
5,463 Posts
bad eec relay or fuel relay. Could just be corrosion too.

The 92-96 bosch relays are better than the 87-91 style, so you could swap them out for future reliability.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally got around to fiddling with it (because the weather wasn't as bad) so I pulled the codes. I got a 14 and a 32 from the memory (not koeo) Not sure if those codes apply to the same problem. When i hooked up my ground wire to pull the codes, I bumped the spot the EEC relay is connected to and my fuel pump primed. Now i'm pretty sure its either a bad relay or bad wires.

Now from the codes i got a new question (i searched for it) what the heck is a Profile Ignition Pickup (PIP) from code 14, and what kind of problems might that cause?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll have to do it tomorrow, too cold/wet/dark outside to do it tonight :duh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts