Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 with a 5.8 and the fuel pump is whining like a cat. Can anyone recommend a good replacement or should I stick with Ford?

·
Super Moderator
25,739 Posts
yo,
Most prefer Ford pumps I get my Ford parts via Troy Ford via AMAZON; they are VG at delvy and esp pricing; I bought a $150.00 DPFE Sensor for $50.00 with free shipping and no sales tax; Local dealers wanted 150.0 +

same price & discount for an Idle Air Control (IAC)

Some like to do this;
Upgrade Walbro, 125LPH - 255LPH in a 91
Source: by DcSkater602 (Steve) at http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110758

Airtex is connsidered good too

Airtex® - Bronco/Ford truck connectors, switches (NSS, MLPS, etc.) ABS sensors, relays, fuel injectors & repair kits/FPRs, etc., blower motors/resistors, ignition modules, spark plug wires, rotos, caps, etc., EGR valves, water pumps, fuel pumps & fuel level sending units, voltage regulators, O2 sensors; etc.; many w/Ford part numbers
http://www.airtexproducts.com/

Is Fuel Pressure/driveability ok?
Consider making a floor pan cut out to replace pump/sending unit in lieu of dropping da tank
many fab links in my site @ http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=616

and;
Sender pic in 87-96 Broncos; "...Apparently, this fits all '87-96 Broncos & most '87-97 F-series. List is ~$80 tax from Ford; I paid ~$55 total from Parts Plus...Motorcraft pn PS2"
Source: by Ford via Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/724794

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,659 Posts
Just put on a new Airtex #E2000 on the '87 a couple of months ago---Ninety two fricken dollars from OttoZone.

Wowch.......

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,659 Posts
When was the last time you changed out your in-line fuel filter? Changed mine and the fuel pump whine went away.
Make sure you tell him to check the secondary filter also, the one under the driver's seat at the frame rail, in the round black plastic housing.

Real fun stuff........:histerica

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have a similar sounding whine. somebody told me that it was my power steering. it still whines with the proper amount of power steering fluid. so is it safe to say that its the fuel pump? is it a problem if its whining?

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,659 Posts
i have a similar sounding whine. somebody told me that it was my power steering. it still whines with the proper amount of power steering fluid. so is it safe to say that its the fuel pump? is it a problem if its whining?

The fuel pump we're talking about is under the driver's seat, about 5 feet away from your steering pump. Two completely different animals.

I think even Helen Keller would be able to discern where your whine is coming from.........

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
The fuel pump we're talking about is under the driver's seat, about 5 feet away from your steering pump. Two completely different animals.

I think even Helen Keller would be able to discern where your whine is coming from
:histerica:histerica:histerica

·
Registered
330 Posts
Here is a sad story: I did the R & R (remove and replace) of the tank fuel pump, I cut an access hole. The "new out of the box" tank pump had a loud squeal. Loud! Tried some in tank (Marvel Mystery Oil) lube, no luck; the truck ran fine. I had to pull it out and take it back to K****n, I put in the (take it back right away) new one, it was fine. You believe bad parts new out of the box?

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,659 Posts
Here is a sad story: I did the R & R (remove and replace) of the tank fuel pump, I cut an access hole. The "new out of the box" tank pump had a loud squeal. Loud! Tried some in tank (Marvel Mystery Oil) lube, no luck; the truck ran fine. I had to pull it out and take it back to K****n, I put in the (take it back right away) new one, it was fine. You believe bad parts new out of the box?
This your first car or something?......:histerica

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
It happens, you get used to it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a loud whine from my fuel pump. Who is to say that it is bad because of the noise? Is it possible that it will continue to work just fine for years with the whine? I asked a mechanic, and he said some of them are just noisy? I guess I won't worry till it quits. But I will check the fuel filter. Any thoughts on this?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts