Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 79 Crew with a 460... the fuel pump has dual inlets... what gives? Noone can match it up.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Spook, sounds like it was for one with saddlebag tanks? I suspect that if you replaced with one for JUST ONE TANK, you would be good to go.

Just a guess. Ask Steve, if anybody knows, he does.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saddle tanks? The setups weird... rear is behind the axle, front is under the cab...

STEVE?!

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Spookshow ONE said:
Saddle tanks?

Double Tanks, side by side....came in 250's and 350's and the odd 150....

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
BUMP..... Spook's looking for results

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GHOSTRIDER said:
Double Tanks, side by side....came in 250's and 350's and the odd 150....
No... they are staggered? sp*... One's behind the rear axle, the other is in front of the rear axle. The guy at Napa says that it's (the second inlet) is a VENT ??!? Wtf???

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Aint no vent in a fuel filter. At least as far as I know... Steve, you got any better advice?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
sounds like dual inlets is for dual tanks. trace the lines. and the problem is you cant find a pump to replace it?? im kinda confused. if for some reason you cant get a dual pump to work then get one made for a single line and run one of the tanks dry and just dont use it. or you could continue using both tanks while using a single pump by way of taping the rear line into the front line via a fuel "T" block. you can get those in jegs or summit.

·
Banned
22,393 Posts
A dual tank system still only has 1 inlet at the pump. If it drew from both, then it would suck air as soon as 1 ran dry.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can't trace the lines... it looks line someone went nuts with a knife and some bolts and capped EVERYTHING!!!1

Steve, if I pull it, can you see what you can look up etc.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
One side of the pump is the inlet, from both tanks, the other side of the pump is the vent, and will pump excess fuel back to one of the tanks

It looks like this, doesn't it? -

If it does, it's a Master #60036 found at Schuck's. While you're at it, pick up a Haynes repair manual, and repair your fuel lines to match what the book shows

1 - 15 of 15 Posts