Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need help and a couple of answers. looking for the fuel pump on my truck. inside the gas tank , i knew that , but a friend tells me that there's an external electric pump.for the life of me , i can't find it. he says look for it cause its there some where. anybody have any idea of where the f$$ker is ?and what doesevery body think about a high presure pump for a 96 bronco ?all inputs will be appreciated. :twotu:

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
The other fuel pump is on the frame rail, right about where your feet are.
Unless I'm mistaken, you already have a high pressure fuel pump. I can't remember which is which but one of your pumps is already high pressure.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
I wonder why they stopped putting two pumps in the trucks. Or maybe a better question is why did they put two pumps in. You don't even need two pumps. On my 86, I didn't even know the pump in the tank didn't work until I replaced it and suddenly after I installed the new pump, I heard the hum coming from the rear.

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
waltman said:
I wonder why they stopped putting two pumps in the trucks. Or maybe a better question is why did they put two pumps in. You don't even need two pumps. On my 86, I didn't even know the pump in the tank didn't work until I replaced it and suddenly after I installed the new pump, I heard the hum coming from the rear.
My LP pump went out and the HP pump could not draw enough fuel to feed the motor.

Why did you replace it if you didnt need to?

-Will

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
kf4amu said:
My LP pump went out and the HP pump could not draw enough fuel to feed the motor.

Why did you replace it if you didnt need to?

-Will
My gas tank had sprung a leak. At the time, I only knew about the pump I saw on the frame rail. So when I dropped the tank and pulled out a fuel pump I was surprised and thought I would test it before I installed it in the new tank. It didn't work so i replaced it.
So I take it LP pump stands for low volume pump and is the one in the tank, or what?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys for all the input , but can someone tell me what's that winding sound i hear when i turn the key to the on position ? might be a pump.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
ORLANDO said:
thanks guys for all the input , but can someone tell me what's that winding sound i hear when i turn the key to the on position ? might be a pump.
yes :thumbup

It does stop after a few seconds, right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts