Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when my white bronco is running, the fuel pump makes a whistling sound, i hardly notice it, but i noticed because my red one has never done that. Is this good/bad? should it make that noise?

·
green ones make me horny
11,152 Posts
while running your fuel pump shouldnt make any noises at all.

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Are you sure it's your fuel pump and not the air whistling by the butterfly valves on your plenum. Mine does that when I am cruising at about 30 MPH.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Depends on the pump. Sometimes you get one that's just plain noisy. The one in my Mustang is the loudest sound in the car at idle, and has been for years ... at least since I took out what little sound deadening there was in the back. Noisy, but no problems at all. On the other hand, the one in the Bronco was quiet even when it died. :banghead

My pump diagnosis method is usually "run it til it quits, then you know it's bad." That might not work so well if you spend a lot of time in places where you really don't want it to die on ya, though.

·
Back in TEXAS
1,967 Posts
I never hear the one in my Bronco or Honda however, the one in my son's S10 can be heard from about 50' away. He was thinking of changing his and I asked him why, at least this way he'll know when it quits working.

·
Registered
307 Posts
some make noise and some don't. chevy has problems with loud pumps especially aftermarket pumps. just because it's loud doesn't make it bad if you want to know check the fuel pressure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, so apparently the noise is a good thing beccause just yesterday i got stuck in a parking lot with my red bronco because the fuel pump died.

·
Registered
490 Posts
my 93's pump makes a loud pitch sound

1 - 9 of 9 Posts