Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I am going to change my fuel pump in hopes of getting rid of the high speed "running out of gas, stuttering" problem that I have not been able to solve.

Does anyone have any experience with which brands are better than others? I was looking at getting one from Autozone for about $125. Any opinions.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,694 Posts
Sounds like a decent price, considerinng one from Ford is like $275 bucks. The labor to install is where it gets nasty though.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Personally I am not a big fan of Auto Zone parts. I use NAPA parts for almost everything. If I don't use NAPA I use Ford. For the pump I would go NAPA. Everyone has their own favorite parts store so my opinion actually doesn't mean s#%t. :goodfinge

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
Spade said:
Does anyone have any experience with which brands are better than others? I was looking at getting one from Autozone for about $125. Any opinions.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Listen to BoulderBronco, that's exactly what I was gonna say. Napa. If not, Ford.

·
Registered
17 Posts
10-4 on the autozone crap Boulder. Sure it is cheap and sure it is guatenteed for life, but the labor it takes to replace on is rough. I have bought several things from Autozone because thay were the cheapest and I had no money. But then down the road I have replaced alot of things from Autozone. For a major time consuming part like this buy it from a reputable store. IE Napa, Car Quest etc.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After looking around at everyone's websites and part #'s it seems that they all sell the same parts or close to it.

Napa and Advance auto parts both sell Carter#P74107

Autozone, Advance and Carquest sell Master or Airtek #E2059MN

Rock Auto sells them all including Ford#f6tz9a407db $206.79
AC Delco #43-103 & MU2008

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
Spade said:
Rock Auto sells them all including Ford#f6tz9a407db $206.79
AC Delco #43-103 & MU2008
I'd say that's a steal. I paid $200 for my Napa unit (it just came in a Napa box so I have no idea who made it), so if you can get OEM for $200 do it.

A friend of mine got an Autozone pump for his '91 and it lasted 4 months. Yay, lifetime warranty :rolleyes:

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
Fireguy50 said:
I like Carter
Note to self: avoid Carter :goodfinge

1 - 10 of 10 Posts