Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1984 XLT 302
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, got around to dropping my tank to get the old gas out and evaluate the fuel system. I’ve attached a picture of the sending unit:
Hand Wood Door Twig Finger

The float had corroded and fell off as I pulled it out of the tank, but it was working prior to uninstall. It looks pretty nasty though -

Do y’all think that the condition it’s in implies that the gas tank is beyond saving? Or is it just dirty? Couldn’t get the truck to run because the fuel filter was getting clogged by the same gunk that’s all over the sending unit. I’d rather not get it all reinstalled and have to drop it again. But if this is par for the course then I have no problem cleaning it up and getting new seals!

·
Premium Member
1995 5.8, 2.5" Rough Country Lift, Extended RA's, 4.10's, 33" BFG's
6,391 Posts
As inexpensive as new tanks are it isn’t worth trying to clean. My 84 sat for five years so the tank was pretty bad so I just got a new tank and sender
please fill out your profile with your Bronco specs…year, engine, trans and any mods makes it easier for people trying to help.

·
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
18,335 Posts
I would replace it all... Even the lines to the engine. Would be a good time to go to -6 AN lines.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
5,264 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts