Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a random question. Does anyone else smell Fuel when they turn off there Bronco and get out??? Is this something I should be concerned about???

·
Nvr Been Bnnd
8,675,444 Posts
you could inspect the tank, checking for wet spots. these trucks have sh!tty fuel tanks, all are prone to rust thru in places contacting the skid plate/tank straps. ask me how I know....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you could inspect the tank, checking for wet spots. these trucks have sh!tty fuel tanks, all are prone to rust thru in places contacting the skid plate/tank straps. ask me how I know....
I will wash all the mud off and give this a shot. But it seems like the smell is coming from the engine not the rear.

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
Could be the fuel pressure regulator or the charcoal canister...see if you can sniff it down when the engine is running.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Check your gas lines, and connections. Are you running alot of cheap Gas through your motor? Check engine light on?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a fuel smell problem too. It was my fuel inlet valve's o-ring on my primary side. 5 minute fix for me. ... what year is yours? carb or EFI?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine is also a 89. I noticed mine has a fuel smell at the back, with no leaks anywhere. If yours is in the engine compartment. I would get on it, and make sure you find it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts