Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Fuel tank breather valve grommet

11K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Hillbilly Heaven 
#1 ·
After replacing the fuel system, in my 1988 ford Bronco with a 5.8L engine, this summer I realized the seal on the breather hose for the fuel tank was in very poor shape. I have spent many months looking for a replacement seal but have had no luck in my search. I ordered what I thought would fit off amazon and it turned out it was meant for a 5.0 engine size breather hose rather than my 5.8. If anyone knows where to find a seal that fits the 5.8L engine fuel tank breather valve please let me know. I have included a picture with the part number of the old seal.

See less See more
#2 ·
As far as I know there has only been one size for 88-96.

Only thing different was the breather valve having either one nipple or two. Both breather valves were the same size and used the same grommet.

#3 ·
As far as I know there has only been one size for 88-96.

Only thing different was the breather valve having either one nipple or two. Both breather valves were the same size and used the same grommet.
The seal you linked has the same part number as what I ordered from amazon. The order was fulfilled by a ford dealership through Amazon. Quite possible the included seal is just the wrong one. My understanding was that the engine size determined the size of the seal. I could be mistaken though. Thank for the help.

#5 ·
On my 95 I had to replace the dual port vent/rollover valve and the grommet. The grommet the Ford dealer gave me that was supposed to be the one for the dual port valve had an ID that was too small. When I put the valve in the tank, the tank cut through the grommet it was so tight. I went back and told them and they swore it was the correct one. I wound up having to use a Dremel with a sanding roll on it to open it up enough to get the valve in the tank without damaging the grommet. It appears there is confusion as to which grommet fits which valve. I may have the part number at home. I'll try to take a look in the AM.

#6 ·
#7 ·
I checked and the one my Ford dealer listed as the correct one for the the dual port vent/rollover valve was
F6TZ-9B076-AA, Seal. This is the grommet that I had to sand the inner diameter to get the valve to fit. I believe this is the one for the single port valve.

#8 ·
It appears E8UZ-9B076-A may be the correct number for the dual port vent/rollover valve. Tasca Ford Parts lists it for a Lincoln. Good ol Miesk5 and Steve83 to the rescue again. Check the link.

This post has been deleted
#11 ·
The F6TZ-9B076-AA, Seal will work if you sand the ID so the 2 port valve will fit it. I did install the grommet into the tank first and lubed it before I installed the 2 port valve. The OD of the 2 port valve is larger than the OD of the single port from what I can find. When I pushed the 2 port valve in it expanded the grommet so much the tank cut through the grommet. As I said, I think the correct grommet for the 2 port valve is E8UZ-9B076-A. They don't list replacement gas tanks according to which vapor valve you have.

#10 ·
Amberjack, I understand the frustration you feel... I myself ordered a grommet that was supposed to fit off amazon and it did not. I think there is some miscommunication amongst a few threads relating to these grommets. I just today got my correct grommet in from a ford dealer. It cost me $3.00 for two of them. The thing to remember is the part number for the 5.8L grommet is not listed in any official ford database as correct for a bronco breather valve as far as I know. It was listed under a different vehicle but as far as I know I still recieved the correct grommet with the correct part number. As much as it pains me to say this sometimes you just have to find the information for yourself instead of going by what people on a forum say. Everyone is just trying to help.
It’s real tough you had to spend that much money. I hope you have better luck in your searches for parts in the future.

#13 ·
#14 ·
To solve all the BS on this issue. As soon as I get a part number from @buckhunter0375. I am going to place an order with Tasca for all the grommets and I have two port and one point valves here along with two brand new tanks (one Plastic and one Metal) so we can put an end to this.

#21 ·

I do apologize for my delayed response, I did not receive an alert for the latest of what has gone down in this thread😂. Anyways, I am attaching a picture of my order receipt from Sam Galloway Ford. I can confirm the part fit 100% on a 1988 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer with a 5.8L engine with I think what is a two port valve (in-line two port). On the Sam Galloway Ford website it does not list this part number as a fit for the Bronco but instead it says it fits a Lincoln I believe.

#15 ·
Here is the picture in its entirety including a description with part numbers.

Steve does say the grommet for the two port valve is E8UA-9B076-AA, E8UA-9B076-A is just a revision of the grommet.
Working google fooo for E8UA-9B076-AA leads you to a know good Ford parts supplier. It show that E8UA-9B076-AA and E8UA-9B076-A are the same.

Just because the OD of the grommet is different you can't say the tank holes are different. You must measure the actual groove OD.

#16 ·
To the OP. We've got a great site with people who like to share information about their Broncos in a generally respectful manner..you come here and get bent out of shape because you found what may or may not be inaccurate info. Guess what? It's the internet, there's lots of "bad" info out there. What @miesk5 provided is what's available on this site. If it's not what you expected, move along..no need to act like a jerk and make a federal case of it.

#17 ·
Wow things sure happened fast around here. When I looked earlier today someone had posted here asking me a legit question why I had to sand out the F6TZ-9B076-AA seal instead of using the correct seal (It wasn't amberjack). That post is missing now. The answer is none of the Ford dealers around me could ID the correct seal for the dual port valve. They all said that F6TZ-9B076-AA was the correct seal. I got nowhere trying to explain the problem to them so I made that seal work by sanding the ID to fit the OD of the dual port valve. It worked out fine. The tank did not cut through the grommet and it was tight enough around the vent valve that it doesn't leak.

#18 · (Edited)
Wow things sure happened fast around here. When I looked earlier today someone had posted here asking me a legit question why I had to sand out the F6TZ-9B076-AA seal instead of using the correct seal (It wasn't amberjack).
We do not tolerate verbal abuse! We try to be a family friendly site. We mods appreciate the general civility of our member base, but sometimes there is a bad apple. They must be dealt with swiftly. I can tell you that the only deleted posts were that of the offending party, which happens automatically when said party is banned in that manner. As a mod i can see every deleted post still and i assure you they are all his/hers.

#20 ·
The nerve of some people these days!!!! Can't imagine where they learned their manners from??? Sometimes in helping "The Grasshoppers" of the World the only Option left is to Squash them and put them "Out of our Misery". How does the saying go? "There is nothing more important than "Family"!!! and a song to boot, "We are Family".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.