Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I did the search thing, and found out pretty much what I needed to know, but have a question. I'm familiar with the 83-91 F series diesel trucks, and their penchant for having the fuel pickup tube rust off, thus preventing the complete consumption of the fuel inside, but I'm curious if this is common with the Bronco with the low presure fuel pump inside. My recent diesel conversion let me sit yesterday when at 3/4 of a tank of fuel, it could suck fuel no longer. Figures too, since it was the only part of the truck I didn't do anything to during my months of conversion work. I put 10 gallons in, and it started sucking again (my fuel pump is frame mounted and is a Holley Red) and that got me home. Now I need to drop the tank and change out the fuel pickup. I don't really need that pump that is in there, but am going with an OEM replacement which will have it anyway. I guess I'll clean and paint the tank while it is out. It would be neat though if i could fix it just be putting a rubber hose or something on in place of the pickup tube. Does anybody have a picture of one of these pickup assemblies?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts