Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just recently got me a '91 F-150. Well the rear tank fuel pump is bad. So I was wondering, could I swap for a bronco fuel tank, w/o any problems?

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,403 Posts
Some years use a special pump for the dual tank systems. Instead of a switching valve, each pump has an antibackflow built in, & the tanks are switched by simply changing which pump gets power. If 91 is that type of system (I think 91 is), then you need to make sure the pump is the right type.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some years use a special pump for the dual tank systems. Instead of a switching valve, each pump has an antibackflow built in, & the tanks are switched by simply changing which pump gets power. If 91 is that type of system (I think 91 is), then you need to make sure the pump is the right type.
Yea, i was thinking about that, because I didn't see a valve in the system. But on the pump body, i saw what could be an anti flowback valve.

·
Registered
18 Posts
it can be done but the tank you can get from amazon f26e tank for the back of the fords its like 38 gallons and it fits the rear of the truck frame better

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
18 Posts
should come with straps for the tank but idk havent done the swap yet but if you go look on psn they have a thread that has people swapping in those tanking in their obs trucks. im going to get my new tank from bronco graveyard im gettin that 45 gallon one they have and gonna try to do a superduty midship tank swap for more fuel cause i like driving home instead of flying

·
Registered
18 Posts
if i remember right you should be able to get away with just lenghting the float wire with a coat hanger cause its the same thickness as the stock peice

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, so I found a guy who is parting out a '93 bronco. Thinking about giving it a try.

So my question is, are the frame rails the same? Meaning, will this later year bolt up?

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
Ok, so I found a guy who is parting out a '93 bronco. Thinking about giving it a try.

So my question is, are the frame rails the same? Meaning, will this later year bolt up?
I am interested in this too. Be the guinea pig and find out! lol. If you find the answer to this please post it.

thanks
tim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts