Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1992 Bronco XLT
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Chose a date that best fits your schedule.

·
--------------
'96 XL EEC-V 347 E40D 1356 411 6" lift 35x12.50x15
4,079 Posts
I voted for Early for 2 reasons,
But I Will attend no matter what WE pick, FULLSIZE BRONCO NATION... :thumbup

1. Beat the Heat.
2. 1st on the Trails for the "Season".
I mean where else does a Fullsize Bronco Deserve to be?

Later,
Dragon

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,170 Posts
:stupid

·
Registered
687 Posts
Also voted early, but the late date (Sept 28-Oct 6) was nearly my first choice.

We're expecting to be at a track event next April, but I don't have dates yet... should be later in the month though.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I voted for 4/30 to 5/5. See my previous post for reasons why not to do it earlier regarding potential I-70 travel issues. FYI, they spray a brine of mag chloride on the roads (I-70) during the months of the first two options.

A very, very close second is 9/28 to 10/6. That’s great leaf changing time in the Rockies, lots of red/orange/yellow and great weather overall.

All that said, like Dragon, I’m going with whatever WE pick as a group!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I voted for 4/30 to 5/5. See my previous post for reasons why not to do it earlier regarding potential I-70 travel issues. FYI, they spray a brine of mag chloride on the roads (I-70) during the months of the first two options.

A very, very close second is 9/28 to 10/6. That’s great leaf changing time in the Rockies, lots of red/orange/yellow and great weather overall.

All that said, like Dragon, I’m going with whatever WE pick as a group!

"Ditto"

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,717 Posts
I cant fully commit, with that said i picked dates i felt would be the most chance.

·
Registered
241 Posts
lame

Is it just me, or have others notice this pole has been up for three days and only 10 people have voted. I believe I am the last one to vote and that was on the day it was posted. :scratchhe :banghead

·
--------------
4,079 Posts
Busy

I wouldn't worry too much @Blue1551.

with the 4th falling on Wednesday this week, Everybody's out Celebrating Our Independence. :usa

But, come the End of the Poll on the 15th,
We will be "Locking it In" with the Data we have. :popc1:

Later,
Dragon.

·
OMF
2,921 Posts
I voted for Bronco Safari since I'll be there during that time already.

I'll be arriving on Sunday the 28th and going home the following Sunday.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,170 Posts
BUMP!!!!!!!

·
--------------
4,079 Posts
Little FYI for you guys.

As of this morning We have.

19 Rigs in various stages of "Commitment" to this event.
they are coming from ALL 4 Corners of the States - VA, NY, MI, SC, KS, CO, NV, ID, CA, AZ, TX.

There are also 12 Rigs in various stages of "Interest" too.
They are from - ME, VA, GA, FL, CO, AZ...

Man, This is really turning into something.

Maybe YOU could Participate in this "Great Bronco Adventure" too. :thumbup

Later,
Dragon

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
I'm really torn here. If it were to happen during BS we could join in on there trail runs and alleviate a lot of work trying to find trail leaders / spotters on trail runs ... (and this is a lot of work) but may find it difficult to find a place to stay (and more expensive).

Let me ask this question on those who voted, if the winner of the date is not the one you voted for are you still going on the date you voted for? or the date that won ?

·
--------------
4,079 Posts
Great Question, Looking at the "Poll Split" i have wondered the same.

I'm really torn here. If it were to happen during BS we could join in on there trail runs and alleviate a lot of work trying to find trail leaders / spotters on trail runs ... (and this is a lot of work) but may find it difficult to find a place to stay (and more expensive).

Let me ask this question on those who voted, if the winner of the date is not the one you voted for are you still going on the date you voted for? or the date that won ?
I voted for Early for 2 reasons,
But I Will attend no matter what WE pick, FULLSIZE BRONCO NATION... :thumbup

1. Beat the Heat.
2. 1st on the Trails for the "Season".
I mean where else does a Fullsize Bronco Deserve to be?

Later,
Dragon

·
Addicted to Junk
11,170 Posts
Down for whenever. No wife, no kids, and a job I can get off any time.

·
Super Moderator
1992 Bronco XLT
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I haven't voted yet because I'm torn as well. I'm looking at the week of Mar 30 and the Bronco Safari. They both have their Pros n Cons. which are pretty much the same only flipped flopped.

The week of March 30th:
Pros: Cool weather, Greater lodging availability, less trail traffic, less crowded restaurants, bars etc

Cons: No Knowledgeable trail leaders, No trail support (vendors)

Bronco Safari:
Pros: Knowledgeable Trail Leaders, tons of trail support, multiple Vendors raffles and off trail events, etc...

Cons: Warmer weather, Limited lodging availability, a lot of trail traffic and in-town congestion at restaurants, bars etc...

Maybe @raleigh could give us some insight on what we can except at the Safari on the trail as well as off. Plus his experience on in town accommodations etc

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.