Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When its hotter than **** outside, I did the best thing I could think of....load up the car and drive up the mountian 10,000 feet high where it was actually cold and try to catch some fish.
These are the huge lunkers I cought. so big I bearly was able to pull them in

Pretty nice eh? That big one is a massive 11 inches fron nose to tail :rofl:

I started out on the west side of the lake. I have never before seen this much pollen in the water and the air. Its hard to see, but it was like yellow fog comming off those trees on the other side of the lake.

Just to show what it looks like when its clean, I took this picture of the exact same spot a month or two ago

After I got tired of the wind I went to the other side behind the mountian to get out of the wind. It was pretty nice over there.

There almost impossible to see, but theres a bunch of fish just chillin right here

One thing that caught my intrest, This tree is growing out of a crack in the rock. I wonder how old it is and its just not able to grow any bigger. From looking at the trunk its much bigger than any other tree thats 4 feet high.

And then just as I was leaving I saw these 2 planes. I guess its putting gas in the other, but I don't know why there doing it here. Only time I have seen it done is playing the Top Gun game on Nintendo when I was a kid. These were hugh planes too, they both looked as big as a 747 going through the sky

On my way home I stopped here at this river/lake. This is where I caught the 2 fish at

So even though I only had 2 fish, when I usually come home with a limit of fish twice as big as those, I had a fun. And I had a nice cool day while everyone else was down the hill was sweattin their asses off at work.

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
damn looks like fun.
that polenated water didnt even look like water.

those are some big fish mike :goodfinge

that would of been cool to see the airplane refuel the other one, ive never seen it before

·
Premium Member
23,551 Posts
none the less those are tastey snacks. :toothless:

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
Looks like a nice place to relax. I love fishin but hate trout. Growing up we were always at our limit and when on two week trips were had it shoved down out throat 3 times a day so we could keep fishing. I never got a craving for them since. :eek:

·
Pissin' into the wind
2,523 Posts
Nice looking Brown's, those are actually the perfect size for eatin', much bigger and they lose their flavor.

What lake is that? At first I thought it was one of the Twin Lakes up by Mammoth, but it looks a little too big.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
jopes said:
none the less those are tastey snacks. :toothless:
I ain't eatin these ****ers anyways. I can't even stand the smell of them, and I ain't contaminationg my new oven with there stinky asses.
The old man wanted me to bring him home what I caught so....thats what hes gettin

Burl Swift said:

What lake is that? At first I thought it was one of the Twin Lakes up by Mammoth, but it looks a little too big.
The bigger lake with the pollen in it is Caples lake. Its on highway 88 about 25 miles from the NV line. The second place I stopped at it is Tiger Creek, which is in Pioneer Cali

·
Premium Member
23,551 Posts
MikE2 said:
I ain't eatin these ****ers anyways. I can't even stand the smell of them, and I ain't contaminationg my new oven with there stinky asses.

now you sound like my wife. I usually wrap them in foil, put spices and butter in there and grill them.

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
I caught one just like that last week, only about 14" long.

Yummy!

·
Pissin' into the wind
2,523 Posts
jopes said:
now you sound like my wife. I usually wrap them in foil, put spices and butter in there and grill them.
Thats the way to do it. Add slices of orange, lemon, or lime too.

I'd rather have a Brooke trout or a Rainbow (as long as its not a stocker) though, over the Brown's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts