Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last week end me and some of my friends went to a mud pit owned my one of my friends dads. they own a construction company and use it for digging out dirt. so its a big hole int the ground that likes to fill up with water. which is perfect for some kids and there trucks. my night started of by doing some donuts in the mud to get the bronco a little muddy then we were all trying to get up this steep hill . we call it the hill climb. its about 80 feet and very steep. most of the time i have no problem but all the snow had just melted and it was very muddy. i still had it in two wheel drive and i got about 20 feet up the hill before it was very apparent i wasn't going to go any further. so i threw it into 4x4 and off i was again. right at the top there is a sort of lip where its real steep and i was just spinning the tires. was embarrassed in front of all my friends i started to back down the hill. when i was about half way down the hill when it gave way. i didn't flip so i was lucky but i wasn't going anywhere fast. there was mud all the way to about 2" up the door. my friends all ran over to make sure i was okay then we started to try to get the truck out. we were able to dig most of the truck out pretty fast but i landed on a rock that was right in front of the back passenger wheel. we were able to dig around the rock enough to get a rope around it and we tried to pull it out with my friends ranger. but it wasn't moving. after a few minuets brake we came up with a plan. we used a bottle jack supporting it on some pieces of 2x8 so it wouldn't sink in the mud. then jacked the truck up enough so it wasn't resting on the truck. and the first try the rock came right out. now our next concern was if we could get the truck out even though it had mud up to the doors. but the mud was really soft and i only needed to go about 5 feet before i would be only some dry land. so i jumped back into my truck and tried to rock it out. but it wasn't working very well seeing i don't have off roading tires. but with a little pull from an f150 i was free.
so thats my story. i tried to take pictures but it was to dark and i only had my phone to do it with so they didn't come out very well. but if your looking for me this week end ill be in the pit:goodfinge

·
Registered
266 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i did that a few months ago. i was putting a new gas tank in and snapped the only one. so it was a good time to do it. cost me about $13

1 - 4 of 4 Posts