Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 Bronco with an E4OD trans that keeps blowing the #5 fuse. It will drive for a little with a new fuse in it but will eventually blow. When it blows i lose my speedometer and reverse lights then it slam shifts into second gear, and my overdrive light starts flashing rhythmically. Any suggestions on what it might be and what to do?

·
Registered
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
1,926 Posts
Fuse 5 supplies power to the Airbag Module. The other items you mentioned that stop working are supplied power by different fuses. Fuse 18 supplies key On power to the PSOM, the circuit board behind the speedometer/odometer. The reverse lamps are supplied by Fuse E in the engine compartment fuse/relay box.

·
Registered
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
1,926 Posts
When reading the OP's problem statement I took it to mean both the odometer and speedometer quit working. Based on that false assumption I pointed to Fuse 18. When reviewing the TSB it does state that Fuse E can affect just the speedometer, but does not blank out the odometer, because the 4WABS module loses power. That must also shutdown the VSS feed to the PSOM.

As always, great info Al!

Reactions: miesk5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts