Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fuse that is stuck(looks like too much current or heat) in the fuse block inside the truck. Not sure what happened but I may need to replace the fuse block. Anybody have any experience with that?
I did a search no results specific to replaceing the fuse block.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
You don't really replace the block, you replace the entire wiring harness. You can cut and splice in a new block, but it's a ton of work and generally leads to electrical problems down the road.

You can replace individual connectors in the fuse block. It takes a special tool or two to get the old connector out, then you cut the bad connector off, solder on a new one, and push it back into the block. The hard part may be finding the connector as they are often not available to the general public. You can cut out an individual connector from a junkyard block if needed.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Sounds like I need to pull it off and run wire just for that circuit It is the blower motor so it appears the previous owner had some problems there. I saw the wiring under the hood and it is spliced.
:twotu:

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
On a 94 at least, some of the positions are ganged together. You have to release 4 clips simultaneously to get them out. I ran into that switching my windows from keyswitched power to full-time power. You can still do it, it's just a little harder.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Yes however the heater CB and turn signal/ back up lights are the only ones connected together on that circuit. Yellow 10-12 ga from ignition switch, Orange 12 gauge wire going from the heater fuze to the switch, and purple orange 16 gauge from the Dir/B/U 15A fuze. 81-85 are all the same. Im going to be running one in my 68 Mustang to add like 9 curcuits and get rid of the glass fuzes. Last night I just spent all night at work with a blown up %400 larger (full page) of the fuze block from page 6-33 of the 76-86 Ford truck chiltons, figuring out where the wires are gonna go on the original switches in the car. Fun stuff. ITs great to have a plan. Maybe this time it wont look like a 5 year old ran them!

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Impressive. Obviously more circuits, but I think my method was pretty sweet, especially after I used colored pencils of the approximate wire color and got rid of ever wire around the box that wasnt needed. Plus the box went from 2 1/4" x 2" to 8 1/2"x11":thumbup

Last time I did similiar I wrote on my diagram, so now my Haynes diagram is useless. Photo copying is better anyways because it turns a 400 page book into the 3 pages you need and keeps the originals original.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Steve83 said:
The CDs & DVDs are even better because you can rearrange the text & images as you need & then scale them for readability. It's also pretty easy to take a diagram from the disc into MSPaint & color the lines to match the wires.
You forgot... that involves computer skills:rofl:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

I have the computer skills no prob. I like the spreadsheet thing.
I didn't know if the block came off or if it was formed plastic or....
So I will try the small screwdriver thing on the broke circuit and see what I am up against.
The description of the circuit was awesome and the ideas are excellent
thanks guys.
It's Mardis Gras season so it will have to wait a week or so...
"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"
:beer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts