Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

a NP-435 and NP-205 are fawkin heavy.

carry on.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Back when I was young and stupid-er, I laid under the rig with a 435 on my chest and pressed it into position. My arms started shaking so bad that my wife asked if she should go get the neighbor. :histerica Eventually got it, but man it was heavy.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Last time i put the combo in i used an engine hoist through the floor cutout, went smooth as silk :)

Justin

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a lot easier to manhandle if you split them up and remove or replace seperately.

Work smarter--not harder! :toothless
thats what I did today. I picked up a used set that was married back in juanary. I finally got the things outta the back of the truck. I cleaned them up and split them. Then carried them like 150 feet to the trailer for thier next resting place.

In order to replace them in the rig, I need to take each peice apart. the 205, the 203 gear box then pull the 435 out.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
fyi, jopes needs to get his ass in chat, because he's a gonad.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
better than a pole smoker like yourself....:goodfinge
your wife would disagree with that statement. :goodfinge

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Jobes...I know. I have moved those exact 2 around out shop before you picked them up from Bud. The bloody stain by the bell housing is from when my spleen popped out once when trying to move them.

It's about time you got them out of your truck. It's only been like 2 months since you picked them up, isn't it?

Slacker.

-Scott

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
That's true, even the cheap HF variety. Speaking of which Ryan, how do you like that one? I've got the far crappier HF tranny jack that has the 1/2" wrench operated screw mechanism. I bought it years ago to replace a Nissan tranny and never thought I'd use it again. As of today it has pulled at least a dozen trannys as well as a ton of other crap, and I'm thinking of upgrading to a better one.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jobes...I know. I have moved those exact 2 around out shop before you picked them up from Bud. The bloody stain by the bell housing is from when my spleen popped out once when trying to move them.

It's about time you got them out of your truck. It's only been like 2 months since you picked them up, isn't it?

Slacker.

-Scott
i has not been a month yet. :toothless

I pulled them apart and took them out of the truck. when I pulled the 203/205 off the trans in the rig I found out my double shaft is twisted. :shocked

so I need to order up another one. :cry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts