Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you fit your bronco through a 8 foot wide x 7 foot tall door?

Currently it's sitting on what looks like 30" tires with sagging suspensions.

I know it won't fit when I get the 4inch lift on there with 35" tires. But I want to work on everything else before I start tearing into the suspension and would like to do this in the garage.

When it comes time to do the Lift I plan on having Wheel coasters under the axle to roll the bronco outside before putting the tires on.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Width won't be a problem, and the height will probably be OK. Better check it before you go running it in at full speed because it will be close.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
I have a 7 ft door and on 31s, it clears with only a few inches to spare.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Width won't be a problem, and the height will probably be OK. Better check it before you go running it in at full speed because it will be close.

Can't run it full speed, it don't run lol.

One of the reason I want to get it in the garage is get it running, clean it up out of neighbor's sight, and do a rattle paint job to make it look better til I'm ready to paint.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 7 ft door and on 31s, it clears with only a few inches to spare.
That's reassuring for me, That will be just enough to get it in and let me work on it til I'm ready to do the lift and tires.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,511 Posts
Why don't you just grab a cheap set of 29's (235/75/15's) just for the purpose of doing the inside work? It'll make it shorter, therefore easier to get to stuff (I'm 6'6" and still have to be on my toes to reach stuff under the hood), and you don't have to worry about masking them when you paint. Not only that, narrower tires are easier to turn with 'Armstrong' steering than wide off-road tires.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why don't you just grab a cheap set of 29's (235/75/15's) just for the purpose of doing the inside work? It'll make it shorter, therefore easier to get to stuff (I'm 6'6" and still have to be on my toes to reach stuff under the hood), and you don't have to worry about masking them when you paint. Not only that, narrower tires are easier to turn with 'Armstrong' steering than wide off-road tires.
I think that's what's on the bronco now. They are cheap tires that somewhat holds air, so if they aired down then no problem while it's in the garage.

I'll know for sure on Saturday.

·
Im scared of jopes
1,660 Posts
What year bronco? My 78' stock was exactly the same height as it is width, 81"s, Thats with 32's. 3" below 7ft so you should be good.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Got that right!!!! I just had to turn mine not too long ago when I tossed the fan and pulley. All i had to do was turn it 180* to face it the other direction. I think I made a 100 point turn trying to turn the 35s....lol

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What year bronco? My 78' stock was exactly the same height as it is width, 81"s, Thats with 32's. 3" below 7ft so you should be good.
It's a 1978, I've been wanting either a 78 or 79 for so long. But I've never owned one, just worked on them for other friends. Except we didn't have to worry about the garage door being short as we had really tall doors back home.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly come Saturday and i'll take some pictures to start posting.

But right now this is all I got, the ad,

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/1833099641.html

and no I didn't pay the full price for it, it needs a lot of work. But has a good solid frame and decent body that I don't mind the rusted suspension as I'm lifting it in the future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts