Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all!! I’ll keep this short and sweet.
My fuel gauge is always PAST “E” and my oil pressure gauge is always on “L”. Now I have mentioned before that when I bought my bronco I let Steve83 go through it top to bottom (had for a month) and fix a lot of smaller and bigger issues. He also installed the fuel tank access panel so replacing the fuel sender should be a breeze I hope. I’m assuming the oil pressure gauge needs a new sending unit also and I hear that then”special tool” from Napa is well worth the $8 to use to get it out. Do you all think these will fix the issues?? Can someone tell me or show me where the oil pressure sending deal is located?? Apparently Steve replaces the float on my fuel sender and said it worked but since I’ve picked it up, it hasn’t so I’m leaning to replace the sending unit and hopefully be done with that. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs.
242 Posts
I'd ohm things out before buying new, or verify/research if the gauges are like the temp gauge and they peg on full/high when grounded?

I haven't read this yet but it looks good.

I like this one too

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So on parts geek, one motorcraft sender is $15 and one is $25. They appear to be the same except one says “with light”. Is that what I need??

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,935 Posts
So on parts geek, one motorcraft sender is $15 and one is $25. They appear to be the same except one says “with light”. Is that what I need??

Only if you have the indicator lamp in the dash, do you probably need the "with light". Just a guess.

Steve worked on your bronco? Is he as snarky in real life!? Lol, I'd say you lucked out in terms of mechanics!

Sure do miss his knowledge, that's for sure.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only if you have the indicator lamp in the dash, do you probably need the "with light". Just a guess.

Steve worked on your bronco? Is he as snarky in real life!? Lol, I'd say you lucked out in terms of mechanics!

Sure do miss his knowledge, that's for sure.
Ahhhhhahahahahaha. Yes he is very “confident” but EXTREMELY knowledgeable. I assume I don’t have the light. Never noticed it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have another stupid question, do I have to drain all of the oil to change the oil pressure sending unit or is it OK to do without doing that?

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,935 Posts
I have another stupid question, do I have to drain all of the oil to change the oil pressure sending unit or is it OK to do without doing that?

Just make sure the oil has had time to drain back to the pan, and you should be fine. No need to drop the oil out.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just make sure the oil has had time to drain back to the pan, and you should be fine. No need to drop the oil out.
Thanks blue. That is good to know!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts