Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure my float is dead (fuel gauge reads 1/8 all the time.... even after a full tank.... and goes up and down when the fuel is low) - but the thing is that I had the whole thing (pump) replaced about a year ago....

question is that when the pump is replaced, is the float as well? i guess if it is not then I should just replace the float... if is usually replaced, should i just replace the entire thing? nothing wrong with the pump, other than it is LOUD... i mean the thing is crazy loud.

thx in adv.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,130 Posts
sounds to me like ITS TIME. The fuel pump will come with new sendor and when they get noisy, they are on BORROWED TIME.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'd swap out the whole assembly. Aftermarket pumps tend to be louder than factory ones, but if you're straight out stating it's loud, pull it (cheap insurance, I'd rather do it now and toss a good pump then be stuck somewhere in the mountains with a $200 tow bill or pulling it at the campsite)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
should i get an aftermarket or an OEM one... crappy thing is that i just had this replaced like last year. :(

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
should i get an aftermarket or an OEM one... crappy thing is that i just had this replaced like last year. :(
I had mine go out (Mustang) when I was in Boston and had to pay dealship rates to get a new one put in. that was EXPENSIVE......:banghead

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone with a suggestion for an aftermarket pump/assembly?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep - seen that one before.... wish you were in los angeles - i'd pay you to do it (assuming you were interested of course).. last time i tried to drop the tank, almost killed myself. probably will get the pump and have the neighborhood mechanic take care of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts