Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of gas mileage do you guys with the 460's get.
What gears and tires are you running.

Thanks

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
:histerica :histerica :lolup :lolup

Oh, you were serious? I can say that my mileage is WAY better than my blazer's was. I'm about 12mpg on 265/75R16 tires (ie, 31s), and a 429 with an Edelbrock 1406 carb

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,943 Posts
I bet those 460 guys are lucky if the get 6 mpg.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,943 Posts
What kind fo 460 gets 12 MPG???That's better than my 302..

·
Registered
36 Posts
well a bone stock one that was tuned for milage to begin with. Every body says you can't get milage out of these engines but you can if you sacrafice some power and I did. That's not the case now, I'm working with a alterative fuel engineer to get better milage. :thumbup

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,943 Posts
Cool man, let's hear some more about your Bronco and this alternative fuel thing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I will as soon as i can. I'm under contract right now and can't say to much info yet but let's just say it will be amazing. HE's getting around 50 MPG on his 81' suburban right now. We are trying to put together some plans so the average day wrench turner can do this. We almost got it down hopefully by the end of the year it will be ready to spread out. People can think I'm totally crazy but hey oh well I just might be.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,943 Posts
That's like almost insane to imagine, a Bronco the could get 25 miles to the gallon, that would be crazy..

·
Registered
36 Posts
The only problem is without spending 40-50 thousand is engine life will be in the 5-10 year range depending on how much you drive. Oh yeah I'm shooting for 50 MPG with my 460. That's all I can say for now. A soon as I can I'll give updates.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
i have a 460, 36s and 4.10s and i get 8 mpg... so when you get this hush hush thing done, i would be innterested. who cares about engine life, with the money saved i will just buy new to me used 460s... id be happy to see something in the double digits. AXE

·
Registered
741 Posts
im running stock everything. Im getting 7.5mpg in town, 15mpg on the highway, and 5mpg when towing. see my sig for details.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Re: Gas Mileage

EvilBronc said:
You looking at this one?

yeah I had considered it as I was expecting some extra cash to show up.
However the cash did not show up :cry

My 6 actually gets better mileage and with a little work will have more torque!!!!
Not for blasting through mud bogs but definately good for the trails:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey Fellas Check this out. HEHEHEHEHEHEHE :thumbup

Almost the same thing I was working on. The guy decided to screw me so :enforce him. This is easier for the do it your selfer to put together. I should have one with in a few weeks. I will post results as soon as I can.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts