Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 85 Bronco with 300 I 6 and a standard shift 3 speed with OD trannie. What gas milage are some of you getting on hi way and in town?
This is a clean good running low milage one.

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
The previous owner of my Bronco claimed it got 17-18 on the highway with that setup.

I only get about 12 with a modified 300L6/C6/3.50gears/33's.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I have a 87 F150 with a 91 300 straight 6 and the 87's T18 tranny and 3.55 gears. Lately I've been getting just over 8mpg. Granny starting the truck I hit 9mpg (wahoo). Right now it's on jackstands getting the trannies swapped out. Before I put the TTB under the front I was hitting around 11 mpg. We'll see what it gets with the Mazda tranny and 3.08 gears. :banghead Oh yeah...it's a completely stock 300.

·
Registered
677 Posts
slightly modified '85 with 4bbl holley efi manifolds 2.5 pipe i get about 10 by the speedo but doing the math corrections a get about 13-14 with an np435 and 3.08 gears on 33".

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hay Fireguy50,
I can't get the link for fuel injection to work. Any way, I bought an 85 because I didn't want electronic fuel injection. I have had a carburetor run bad but they have ALWAYS brought me home. I've had fuel injection to leave me beside the road. Same with points and condenser verse electronic ignition. Now I must admit I've never had an after market EFI which I would like to look at if that link would work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts