Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Dammit, now you're going to make me do a little research. I asked this question sometime last year - not here - and now I forget why there's a 9/10 price added

·
Only the Bronco
973 Posts
Probably becasue they want to be like Canada, up here we have gas prices like.... 67.9, 82.9, 67.5 ect.... so who knows,

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
somehow it rounds the price up,

they f you at the pumps, they f you with cell phone,s they f you with tolls, they f with taxes

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
I always thought it was just a mind game to make you think you were saving. I don't even pay any attention to it now. The bronco takes so much that a few cents seem like nothin, and I only use premium in my car. F*** gas prices. I'm with blueoval78.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
It has something to do with the delivery charge, or something about it being a local tax used for schools, road improvements, etc. I'm not even sure if I'm close on this, but I do know it has nothing to do with making you feel like you're saving any money

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
jerry 1 a b said:
I always thought it was just a mind game to make you think you were saving. I don't even pay any attention to it now. The bronco takes so much that a few cents seem like nothin, and I only use premium in my car. F*** gas prices. I'm with blueoval78.

Ive kinda gotten to the point that when its $40 bucks or $45, What is $2 bucks difference gonna make? And if i have to drive 10 minutes out of the way, Its just not worth it to me. So the 1.57 or 1.60 doesnt really matter much anymore.

Call me lazy.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,077 Posts
Dave's right, it has to do with how they figure the taxes.

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
If it has to do with the taxes, and the taxes change allll the time, how come the 9/10th's never changes? Wouldnt it be 8/10th's now and then. Or go over a dollar and be 1 or 2/10th's?

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
jerry 1 a b said:
I only use premium in my car.
Now you just need better EFI prigraming :goodfinge
I'm at 36deg full throttle timing, that's 6 more than stock for those that didn't know :cool:
I run premium when the outside temp is over 40F or else it knocks
But can use reg 87 oct gas when it's colder out with no ill effect :rockon

Zoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom :chili:

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,582 Posts
gearrat said:
and the f you in the drive thru at the fast food places too :doh:

ok...ok....ok....ok

·
Registered
506 Posts
I remember when cheap fast food was cheap and fast.

I swear you can't get outta mickeydees for less than about 6-7 bucks a head.

value meal my ass. Taco Hell is worse. I remember when bean burritos were 39 cents. now they are 99 here not even ten years later. sucky.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts